Saturday 19 January 2019

Christmas Decorating Continues. (Dec.5, 2018)

It was back to my own office this morning.
It was a nice switch for a couple of days but I'm glad to be back.

We got a delivery of goodies from one of our contractors today.
I had to try a few different ones.
They were homemade and delicious.

When I first started working here, when the holiday season started, we would get so much stuff delivered here to the office.  Way more than we could ever eat.
Baskets and chocolates, meat & cheese trays, sweets, just everything.
We ended up giving a lot of it away because we got so much but now things have changed so much in the oil and gas industry, there just isn't the money that there used to be and so many companies are struggling.

It's sad to see and when I read comments on social media of folks who are glad about what is happening to the Big oil companies it makes my blood boil because it's not the "Big Oil" companies that are suffering, it's the "regular" folk, fathers and families and they are really struggling.
It's been going on for a couple years now with still no relief in sight and some people are just hanging by a thread.
I am actually ashamed of the government in this country that they aren't considering it a crisis and don't seem concerned enough to help somehow when they could.

Anyway, that was my little rant about that.

I stopped and picked up bagels on my way home after work, I suddenly had a craving for them and thought they would make a good supper (they did).

When I got home, I turned on a Christmas movie

Miss Christmas
Then I got busy.

I got my trees finished up.

Then I made a little tree forest.

I also got more decorating done.

With our renovation, things are changed and I am missing spots where I used to put decorations.
I wanted to scale back a bit this year anyway so I guess that is a good thing.

I noticed My Honey did some decorating too.
I think Alan is going to have to find a new home though.

George Bush Sr's funeral was held today and it was all that was on the news today.
Breaking news they called it and instead of focusing on the man himself, most of the news was about how Trump did or did interact with the Obama's and the Clinton's.
How is that breaking news?  And what about a little bit of respect for the man who was laid to rest today.

No wonder I don't like watching the news, they sure know how to drag a story out and make every little thing into some big thing.

I found another Christmas move it watch right away
Christmas Land.

My Honey got home from work and headed straight out again to go curling.

I didn't get everything entirely finished that I wanted but I got a good chunk of it done.
I also picked out all the things I'd picked up for my sister and her boys and mom got to wrapping those for me.
I'm just waiting on something I ordered her from Amazon then we can get the parcel sent out.

When My Honey got home, we watched Delicious Destinations, they were in Door County, Wisconsin and it looks like a place I would love to go visit.
They do these big fish boils where they throw gas on the fire at the end for a "boil over" and it looks so cool.
One of these days, I'd love to get there and check one out.

Miss H posted this adorable picture of Baby F!

A little Christmas humor.

Ha ha ha - at least the Pinterest scrolling is producing some results!
All my Pinterest scrolling results in is lots of pins.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment