Sunday 20 January 2019

What Christmas Looks Like at My House! (Dec.14, 2018)

It was a quiet day at the office today.
Both SG and BH had the day off.
The closer we get to Christmas now, the less and less people will be in the office.

We are still having companies drop off a few things to us so I've definitely been getting my fill of chocolate.

I took some pictures of my Christmas decorations this year.

I changed things up a bit and scaled back this year too if you can believe that.
I just love how our fireplace looks since the makeover we did to it earlier this year.

I'm loving the tree in the light of day too - we really lucked out!

I kept some of my "all year" stuff here on this wall and just added to it.

I kept my bird cages that I use for candle holders out too and just added some wreaths to the tops of them to make them more festive.

Such a small thing but it makes it so much more Christmas"ie".
Plus I love them so it makes me happy to keep them around all year long.

I love the greenery along the top of the window and the hutch.
I would prefer real but it makes a horrible mess plus there really isn't any way to put it up easily.
I really like how this stuff looks, if I can't have the real thing, this is an awesome second choice.

I picked up this ball garland last year and instead of hanging it like a garland, I wrapped it around our new light fixture and I love how it turned out.

The elf on the shelf here is one that my cousin LD made for me years ago, I've probably had him for 15 years now and I still love him.
I just added some Christmas touches to the window pane too and I love how it turned out.

I picked up these wreaths at the dollar store.
Two bucks each for the larger ones and a buck for the smaller ones.
I saw this idea for wreaths all over instagram this year and I loved the idea so I really wanted to try it.

The wreath in the window is there all year round but I just added this beautiful wooden snowflake that I found to it and I think it looks great.

Another collection.

This wasn't my favorite display - next year I will come up with something nicer for this window pane.

I have a wreath on both the inside and the outside of our front door.

The little pig is wearing my pajamas and sings and dances along to this little song "jamming in my jammies on Christmas day" and of all my musical stuffies, the kids like this one the best.
Truth be told, so do i.

I brought my skinny table that goes behind my couch back up so that I could display some stuff on it.
I also picked up this swag for 12 bucks at a discount store and draped it over the curtains.
I'm not sure if I liked it there, might try something different with it next year. 

It is definitely the year of the wreath over at my house.

These stockings belong to my brothers, my sister and I.
My mother made them for us when we were young, I've had it most of my life.
It was this stuff people did back in the seventies call tri-chem.
It's this strange kind of material that you paint with these little containers of paint.

We used to use the stockings but over the years they were starting to tear a little so now I just hang them as decor.
They bring back great memories for me though.
Not sure why I have all four of them but I kind of like that they are all together.

My son's stocking that I made for him is down the hallway there.

He used to use it to but now that he's a daddy, I'm going to make them a new set for daddy, mommy and Baby F.

My Honey sent me a picture of Lily enjoying the new toy he brought to her.

He said she actually preferred the stuffie he took for Sam but they can share.

I didn't do much this evening.
Watched a Christmas movie.

The Sons of Mistletoe.
It was an older movie and it was cute, I liked it.

I had a cuddle buddy to watch the movie with.

He just loves the camera.

It was a pretty chill evening.

Now he's being cheeky and sticking his tongue out.

My Honey sent me this gem of an outfit from the Eaton's catalogue circa 1976.
It looks funny now but back then it must have been a nice outfit.

I was supposed to be taking Miss M to the city tomorrow but the girl she works with called in sick for the whole weekend so now she has to work.
So we moved the trip to Sunday instead.
Mom can't make Sunday though so I told her I'd take her next weekend.
Maybe we can catch a movie and go see the lights out at the race track.

I went to be fairly early.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment