Sunday 20 January 2019

Happy Birthday to My Dad! (Dec.12, 2018)



Well the first man I ever loved in my life turned 67 today.


Happy birthday to this handsome fellow I get to call Dad!


I have so many fond memories of my childhood and I feel really blessed to have the parents that I do.
I'm in the middle and I don't even think I was 10 in this picture so it's nearly 40 years old.



These are just some old pictures I found to celebrate him today.
(It's amazing how much the quality of pictures has improved since then).


This one brings back memories of my dad tuning his guitar in the evening after us kids have gone to bed.
The tuning of a guitar will evermore be a soothing sound to me.

This is one of the only pictures I have of myself with my paternal grandmother or Meme as we called her.
This is all the cousins on my dad's side of the family and I don't really remember this day but I sure wish we could go back and have more of them.

I got to work just on time this morning.
I usually go in early but I wanted to sleep in as long as I could because of my late night last night.
I find if I don't get enough sleep, I start feeling rundown and that's when flu's and colds get me.
I don't want to get sick so I'm doing whatever I can to stay healthy.

It was a very busy day, so many meetings.
I missed coffee break because of meetings then My Honey even ended up bringing the perogies he cooked up for me down to the office because I just couldn't get away to go home and pick them up.

He made a gigantic dish of them and they were so good.

We had our office gift exchange at noon.


JRA was looking very festive!


So was BN, they must have been shopping together!


I made sure to get someone to take a picture of us girls together.

We ordered fried chicken from the store then everyone brought sides to go with it.

The chicken was supposed to be ready for us at 11:30 but when they went to pick it up, the store had forgotten to cook it.
They got right on it though and said it would be ready by 12:30.
SV asked them to deliver it so we wouldn't have to run back there and they did.

So we started on our Chinese Gift Exchange in the meantime.
Everyone brings a gift then we draw numbers.
Number 1 gets to pick a gift and open it.  Then number 2 can either steal that gift from the first person or open one of their own and so on.
A gift can be stolen only two times and that's it.


We got to person number three then our chicken arrived so we stopped to eat.

We had tons of food, chicken, ribs, perogies, potato casserole, macaroni salad, coleslaw - lots of good stuff.
I was pretty full but did manage to squeezing in a pistachio dessert.


Then we got back to the game.

It's fun watching people open presents.

Especially when they get interesting gifts like this!

We've sure dwindled in number since I first started working here but one of our contractors that we use comes and brings a few guys so it adds to our group and makes it more fun.

I bought a wooden lantern with a candle in it and a Christmas Game.
SG opened it first then BH stole it from her.
SG opened another gift that was later stolen from her so she then stole her original gift back from BH and since it was the second steal, she got to keep it.

I got a picture that has a light in it that lights up.  It was the gift that BN brought.
I like it and I think my mom will like it too so I am going to give it to her.
It also came with chocolate covered cookies which I love and My Honey & I got into those right after work.

My afternoon was super busy too, more meetings and before I knew it, it was time to go home.

I gave my dad a call to wish him a happy birthday but he wasn't home.
He called me back when he did get home, they are getting a bad storm, lots of wind and snow so he had a harrowing drive home.

My Honey made us a really nice supper, baked potatoes, cauliflower and steak.
I was still feeling kind of full but he went to the effort to make it and it smelled so good that I couldn't resist so I made myself up a little plate.
It tasted just as delicious as I was expecting.

I planned on getting the lights put up on the tree but I was so tired that I kept nodding off.
My Honey left for curling and I planned on having a nap but instead I made myself get after putting the lights on the tree.

I got two strings of lights on then I quit.
I sat down and watched 7 Little Johnston's and The Little Couple until My Honey got home.
He's leaving for his parents tomorrow for a few days so he encouraged me to get up and get the rest of the lights on with his help.


So I did and I was glad that we got it done.
I put ribbon on the tree too which I don't normally do (and the kitty was fascinated by it and wouldn't leave it alone so I'm not sure how good of an idea it was) and it looked really good.
We turned off the lights and it looked so pretty you almost don't even need decorations.

I gave my dad a call to wish him a happy birthday but he wasn't home.
He called me back when he did get home, the we
I will work on getting those put on tomorrow night though.

I also put up my new wreath that I bought.
I think it's safe to say that it's the year of the wreath at my house.
I just am really into them this year for whatever reason and they look so good.

I have one above my fireplace,
In the kitchen window and on all the cupboards.
I have them on my closets.
I have one on the front door, both inside
and outside.
I have one on my window frame.
And now I have one on my bathroom door.
I wouldn't even mind having more and I might just do so if I find any good deals in the city on Saturday.


This one is here all year long but I added a Christmas touch to it.

After we got the lights and ribbon on the tree, it was time for bed.
I don't think it took me any time at all to fall asleep which means that I was very tired.


My SIL posted this sweet picture of the kiddos today.
Nice to see that sibling love.


These are so awesome!


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment