Saturday 19 January 2019

Christmas Baking (Dec.8, 2018)

My brother had texted me yesterday to see if I could watch the kids today while he and Miss M headed to the city to do some Christmas shopping.
He said he was going to drop them off around 9 am so I got up when My Honey left for work, made myself a coffee and settled in to watch a movie and have some me time before they arrived.

I found a Christmas movie I hadn't seen before, it was cute, like they all are.

It was closer to 9:30 when the kids arrived and they were ready to go.
I got them some paint and set them painting their ornaments they had made while I did some decorating.

Can you tell whose are whose?
Mr H tended to stick to one color pallet while Miss A got a little fancier.

I also got started on laundry and cleaning, you know, Saturday chores.

Then mom & I and the kids went to the store to get a few ingredients to do some baking.
I wanted to make some haystack cookies and mom wanted me to make banana bread and chocolate peanut butter chip cookies.

I also picked up a pack of gingerbread cookies for the kids to decorate.

I got them cooked first thing and then made grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch while they were cooling.

After I ate, I got my Reindeer Crack made up.

I got all the ingredients into a bowl together.

I melted the chocolate.

Poured it over the mixture, stirred it to make sure it was coated then put it out on Wax paper to dry.
I love this stuff, it is so good.
It goes so fast too - I probably could make another batch but I have no more Chex Mix.

Once the gingerbread men & women were cool enough, I got out decorations and icing and set the kids loose.

They were in seventh heaven - they just love this kind of thing.

Wonder how much of that tube of icing made it straight to his belly?

Just being silly.

Proof that some of it made it to the cookies.

Miss A was very intricate with her decorating.

So proud of himself.

I think Mr H put most of the icing from his tube on one of his gingerbread men.
Ha ha.

He had it covered in so much sprinkles that you couldn't even see that it was a cookie anymore.

He was having a grand time though so I didn't mind.

While they were busy with that, I got to work baking
I got the two things made that mom wanted but didn't quite make it to the haystacks.

The kids finished up their decorating then the kids played and entertained themselves while I baked.

I think he did a great job but I'm pretty sure nobody is going to eat any of those cookies.
They'd get sugar over load for sure.

My son stopped by briefly with Miss H and Baby F.
He lost his phone yesterday and he just got it recently so his plan was fairly new.
We were trying to figure out a way that we could get him a new phone without it costing an arm and a leg.

I was happy to have a visit with Baby F.

Mom was happy to see her too.

They watched a little You Tube together.

The kids wanted in on the action too.

Miss H was taking her swimming today.
I will have to go down one of these times when she is there and go swimming with them.

Mom hadn't had a new phone in years and she was eligible for a new one so we ended up getting one through her.

We called and got it all set up over the phone then my son drove down to WCT to pick it up.
I got him to get me an electric frying pan while he was down there for making pizza fingers tomorrow.

After the cookie decorating, they colored while I was baking.

Mom kept them company.

Look at the silly faces this kid pulls - no wonder he cracks me up.

They like doing crafty stuff so it kept then busy until I was done baking.

I was on my feet baking most of the day so by supper time they were so sore.
I got lots of baking done - felt good.

I got cuddled with the kids on the couch and looked for a movie for us to watch just so we could sit for a bit.
I had Mr H beside me and I was hugging him and rubbing his arm and he looked up at me really seriously and said "I already have a mom".
Ha ha.
It cracked me up.
I told him I knew but as his Auntie I could still love him and hug him and he was ok with that.

He didn't stay sitting for long though and was up and running around again in no time.
I was exhausted so couldn't even think about getting some supper done.
Kuddos to all those moms out there that do this every day.
Guess I'm getting old because I was done.
I called My Honey and asked him to pick up a couple of frozen pizzas on the way home so he did.

As usual the kids were thrilled when My Honey got home.
He colored with them at the table while supper was cooking.

My brother arrived not long after we ate to pick up the kids.
It was a great day - I love spending time with them and even though I was tired, I enjoyed every moment.

I started watching another Christmas movie but was so tired that I just turned it off half way through and headed to bed.
I'll watch the rest in the morning.

My aunt posted this picture she took of our property in PEI - every time I see it, I get excited about all the possibilities of what it could become.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment