Sunday 27 January 2019

Seattle Day Three! (Dec.28, 2018)

My Honey searched online for a breakfast place for us to try.
He found one nearby our hotel so we headed over there.

Chace's Pancake Corral.

They had pumpkin spice pancakes on the menu so my order was a no brainer.

My honey had eggs benedict with their famous hashbrowns.

I also got a side of bacon because I đŸ’—BACON, for real.
It was some of the best bacon I've ever had.

Not super cheap but not horribly expensive either.

My Honey had booked up for an underground tour in the city so after breakfast we headed over there.

We found a place to park - it was so expensive to park in Seattle - $40.00!
We were right above where we needed to go though so that was one good point.

We stopped in this coffee shop to grab coffees and for me to use the facilities before the tour.

They just love their coffee shops here - I just love this huge brick wall.

This sign was next to the bathroom and it made me chuckle.

The tour My Honey booked.

We checked in for the tour.

Then waited for everyone to assemble before getting started.

Our guide was funny and personable.

We would go under then come out then go back underground in a different place.

It was a drizzly day.

Cool statue.

They had speakeasy's down here.

The guide was telling us that there are all of these "skylights" and whomever owns the building is in charge of taking care of them.
This one was made out of bottles.

There is an actual comedy club down here.

Lots of famous comedians have performed here.
This is just a random mural down there but I liked it.

Back out again.

This is just a nice park in downtown Seattle.

This underground part had wallpaper on the wall.
The real life "Gypsy Rose" used to strip here.

This was the last part of the tour.
The tour was ok - the guide really made it because he was so good.

I wanted to go back here and check this out but never made it.

The downtown is kind of a mix of old and new.
I like the old buildings.

This was a funky looking building.
Interesting shape.

I really like when the old buildings have the old signs on them.

It just has such a nice look.

We found a place to have some lunch.

My Honey's favorite - pho.

It was nice and clean inside, very prompt service.

They added jalapeno to the usual toppings.

We tried their crab rangoons and they were so delicious.
Their pho was super good as well.
We were happy that we'd found it.

We took walk down the Alaskan Way.
We think we might take a ferry ride one day while we are here.

So cute - they have a rain poncho on their giant mascot.

This is the touristy area of the waterfront.

Miners Landing.

It's where the Great Wheel is.

And Wings over Washington.

We knew it was a 4D movie like the one we'd seen in Vancouver and we'd really like that one so we got some tickets.

We were right underneath the Great Wheel.
We had tickets to go on that too but thought we'd wait and do that another day.

We had to wait outside in the line for a little - not long thankfully.
It was drizzly but it wasn't really that cold so it wasn't too bad.

We had a good view of the city.

There is the back of the Pike Place Market sign.

The show was really good - I highly recommend seeing one if you ever get the chance.

We walked back up town to find a place to eat.
I liked the outdoor fire pits this place had.

I just love trees all lit up like this.
We didn't really find anywhere to eat and we had tickets to a light show so we just headed over there.

It was quite the walk and I was happy when we could see it off in the distance so knew we were heading the right way.

This is Century Link field - we were heading to Safeco which is behind it.

They had these weird looking heads sticking out all along the wall.

I'm not sure what their relevance was?

Kind of neat though.

Just to put it in context - they were huge.

Lots of other people were headed in the same direction as us.

There it is, Safeco Field.

It certainly is.

There was a huge line up to get in but it didn't take that long.
As soon as we got in we could see the arena was just covered in lights.

There were little booths set up all along the perimeter.

Down in the stadium was a glorious light display.

There was even a little skating area down there.

We walked all around the perimeter first.

It looked pretty cool down in there though.

I'm curious how many lights this took - it's just so beautiful.

Santa was there - even though Christmas is over for this year, he was still seeing children.

There was even a band there.

This moon was awesome.

I noticed after when we left that you could see it on the other side from outside.

We were pretty impressed.

After we finished walking all around the top, we decided to go down into the maze.

Even the stairs down to the maze were lit up.

As we were going down the stairs I could see this cool purple tunnel.

There were giant snowflakes every where too.

I even saw giant reindeer.

That tree was pretty amazing.

I guess the deal in the maze was that you had to find the reindeer.

They gave us each a card and as you found the reindeer you would scratch them off at these stations.

Found one!

They had signs so that you'd know which reindeer you'd found.

That's one big diamond.

The purple tunnel.

I liked being inside the tunnel of light. 

It gave everything a purple glow.

I spotted a reindeer.

There's Dasher.

Rudolph.

The reindeer were just giant and some were really hard to find so that just goes to show how many lights were in that place.

They even had this giant ring.

Close up shot of the gorgeous tree in the center of it all.

They had this area that was jut full of hanging lights.

We had to step inside of it - I'd love to set something like this up at home for the kids to enjoy.

We found the Maze exit but couldn't leave quite yet.

We still hadn't found the elusive Vixen so we had to turn around and continue our search.

I grabbed some shots of the awesome snowflakes they had built.

Aren't they pretty?

They were just huge and full of lights.

Found Comet again.

It took a bit but finally we found Vixen!
What a great way to spend an evening.
This place was hopping tonight, I wonder what it's like before Christmas, must be just crazy crowded.

We left there and got an uber to the theater.
We had tickets to see the symphony there tonight.

We figured we'd find a place nearby to get some supper.

We wandered around about before we finally ended up near Pike Place market and found this place that was open so we went in.

They sat us right at the window and we had a great view.

The Great Wheel looks so pretty at night.

I was in the mood for chowder so finding this place was fortuitous.

Of course I ordered the chowder in a bun bowl.

My Honey ordered the fish sandwich.

It was really a perfect sandwich.
The bun was soft but not too soft that it got soggy from the toppings.
The slaw was fresh and the fish was crunchy, perfectly seasoned.
I'd go back for another one any day.

I love these oyster crackers, we don't get those at home.

I just loaded them on there.
It was really great chowder too, creamy and full of seafood.

Those balcony seats on the sides looked like they'd be great to sit in.
There were so many of them too.

The symphony got started.
They were playing Beethoven's 9th.
It was so beautiful and soothing.
Maybe too soothing because I kept nodding off.
Soft classical music like this sometimes puts me to sleep.

Later the choir joined them - I counted 86 people just in the choir alone.

I had picked up this marionberry filled cookie earlier in the evening and had it for a snack in intermission hoping the sugar rush would keep me awake.

After the show, we walked back, got the car and headed back to the hotel.
When we got there, we watched some more Forensic Files.
That show is so addicting, once it starts into an episode, you are immediately hooked and there is now way you can change the channel until you find out what happened!

I perused Facebook at the same time and Miss H had some new pictures posted of Baby F.
Looks like they got the floor mats down and she is enjoying some tummy time.

Looks like they went swimming, Baby F and Miss Z.

Looks like she's getting a kick out of something here.

It's so nice that these two are close in age and will always have each other.

Aww - those beautiful brown eyes though.

I am super good at lyrics, even if they are ones I made up myself and not entirely correct.
Don't ask me the artists name though, I wouldn't have a clue!


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment