Wednesday 30 January 2019

Seattle Day Four! (Dec.29. 2019)

It was kind of a drizzly morning and we didn't really have anything planned so we did what I love to do, went shopping for sales.
First though, we went looking for a coffee but we had a hard time finding a place, believe it or not.
We did come across an Asian market so we went in to check it out.

We bought a few snacks to try there but I didn't have my camera with me to take pictures.
We sat at the cafeteria there and ate it.
Then on our way out we noticed they had a bakery so we got a few things to try.

This was a sweet potato filled pastry.
It was ok. 

This was some kind of twisty bun.
The dough was really nice and soft and sweet but then it had garlic butter on it so it was just weird.
I didn't like it.

This was a spinach filled pasty, it was pretty good.

Then finally we had the custard filled bun.
We've had these before and we knew we liked them.
It was good.

We left there and went to a nearby mall.
Did some shopping at Target and got tons of great deals on Christmas stuff.
I am trying to be careful about how much I'm buying but it's oh so hard to leave the good deals behind.
We made a stop at Old Navy too and got a few things.
We hit up Walmart as well.
After we shopped for a bit, we decided to go get some lunch.

Ezell's is a place that we had heard about and wanted to try so we found a location and headed over there.

Oprah Winfrey even likes this chicken!

They were very efficient in there.

We ordered two pieces of chicken and it came with a couple of sides and a bun.
The bun was oh so good.
The chicken was pretty good too.

There was a light show in the nearby botanical gardens so we went over there to check it out but it was raining quite hard and I didn't really feel like walking outdoors in the rain so we decided to skip it for now.
I don't mind walking in drizzly rain but it was really coming down.
We went and did some more shopping around.

My Honey stopped to get an espresso at this place that ended up being an Asian bakery but it was really upscale and everything looked really nice.
We tried the custard pie and it was yummy.

My Honey found a place for us to get some supper.
The rain was really coming down when we got there.

There wasn't much of a seating area, the whole place was mainly kitchen.

They had some interesting pizzas on their menu.

I was in the mood for a root beer and this one was super good.

This is the Agog Primo.
It had kalamata olives, goat cheese, mushrooms and fresh tomatoes on top.

This is the Rosemary Primo and the Pepperoni.
It was really good pizza.

I felt like a salad too so ordered one last minute and I'm glad I did.
It was fresh and crispy and really good.

They had a cute little Christmas display on the counter.

When we left, it had stopped raining all together.

Since it had stopped raining, we decided to head back to the Botanical Garden.

It was a perfect evening to check out the Garden d'Lights.

I am so glad we made it back - I loved it.

They used Christmas light to create all these garden things.
There were flowers of all kinds.

Butterflies.

Shrubs.

I think these were ears of corn.

Just everywhere you looked it was something new to see.

I so want to try to make these myself.

There were flowering trees.

I'm not quite sure what this is meant to be but love it anyway.

I like the purple ones a lot - kind of have a thing for purple lately.

These ones had a different shape.

Aren't they great?

They had insects too, like this bumblebee.

I really like this - reminds me of a mini weeping willow.

Sunflowers.

I thought the window boxes were another great idea and they would be super easy to create.

It was like a fairy garden.

Hydrangeas maybe?

So gorgeous.

This was meant to be a river running through it I think.

This would look so great in the flower bed outside our house.

Little violets.

Rainbows too of course.

Red flowers.

Grape vines.

A lochness monster.

These remind me of holly hocks which I love.

Another shrub.

Just bed upon bed of flower lights.

More sunflowers.

I love them.

There was an undersea scene with an octopus.

Jellyfish.

Even a tropical fish.

I just couldn't get over what a clever idea it all was.

There was a veggie garden with corn on the cob.

Tomato plants.

A strawberry plant.

Even a bunny stealing a carrot.

I called this the yellow brick road.

They had a birdhouse.

A peacock.

Lots of butterflies.

The stalks of corn looked cool.

Even a spider on his web.

They just came up with so many flower varieties.

I had to take lots of close ups so I could try to make these myself.

The blue is pretty too.

A bed of mixed flowers.

Shorts ones and tall one.

The crescent moon and some stars.

An owl.

A turtle.

Another shrub.

Yet another variety of flower.

Not sure if they are meant to be storks but regardless, they are awesome.

These are cattails.

Another bird.

A lady bug.

The purple and red look good together.

A slug with a slimy trail behind him.

More flowers.

And last but not least, mushrooms.

They had a cafe there where you could get a hot chocolate and they had this gingerbread house display.

There were some really cute gingerbread houses.

I love this idea of making snowmen out of marshmallows.
 
After the Botanical Garden we headed back to the room.
It was early but we just figured we'd have a relaxing night in the room.
We watched our usual for the trip, Forensic Files.
 
Then around 9 pm we decided we were hungry and looked up a place to go for a snack.

My Honey found this Mexican place.

It was very authentic.
The staff could barely speak English.

Most of the people eating there were Mexican.
That led us to believe we'd found a grat spot.

I saw this grapefruit drink and just had to try it.
I didn't like it.

I ordered the pozole - I've never seen it red before but it was absolutely delicious.
It came with these deep fried, sweet potato filled taco like things on the side and they were good too.

My Honey tried a new dish - because of the language barrier, he ended up getting beef tongue instead of the meat he'd ordered but in spite of that, the dish was very tasty.

He also got the tacos and said they were some of the best (if not the best) tacos that he's ever had.
 
They had Tres Leches cake and I was too full to have a slice there but you know I got a piece to take back to the hotel for later.
Later came in about an hour.
It had a jam filling which I've never seem before.
It was moist and tasty, not as milky as I like but still it hit the spot.

I heard a new to me song today that I really liked.
It's actually an oldie but I'm definitely going to buy it and I didn't want to forget.
 
 
That is all for today, until next time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment