Tuesday 21 August 2018

Smoky Shopping Day (August 17, 2018)

I slept in a little after My Honey left for work but only a little.
When I got up, I had a nice bath then I hopped in the truck and headed to the city.

Just as I was leaving town, I got stuck behind a whole convoy of trucks and this one just happened to be my brother and my son.
 

It is getting pretty smoky out there again.
 
A new (to me) song, I kind of liked it.
 
It was even smokier around the Westlock area for some reason.

My first stop when I got to St Albert was Marshalls/Homesense.
My goal today was to find prizes for the baby shower games.
 
Punch buggy yellow!
 
I shopped and shopped all day long.
I mainly hit up Homesense & Winners locations but I also stopped at the Party store and the St Albert Mall.
I didn't even stop to eat.
I had a protein shake on my way to the city but that was it.
I found quite a few things so I was pleased.
 
It was around 6 pm when I stopped at Costco to fuel up and I decided to run in there and grab some supper.
 
Not bad prices.

I got My Honey & I each a Turkey & Provolone Baked Sandwich.
They are really a good sandwich.
They didn't have any ready so they had to make me fresh ones but I was ok with that.
 
They sell these lemon drinks that I like at Costco out of a vending machine for a buck which is awesome so I grabbed one of those.
 

Supper!
 
I hit the road and headed for home.
My Honey needed some gloves so I stopped in Westlock and Peavey Mart and since I was nearby, I stopped at Giant Tiger too.
I got a couple more shirts like my pug shirt.
One had cats on it, the other was black with little martini glasses all over it.
They were only five bucks each!
 
Again it was super smoky, especially in the Westlock area.

It looks and feels really strange & eerie.
I pulled over a few times so I could take some pictures but you can't really capture the feeling.

It felt like driving into a cloud of fog all day long.

There was a really windy rainstorm a few weeks back and it knocked a lot of trees down along the side of the highway.
 
Some of them were so long that they were almost touching the highway.
 
I figured they would have been cleaned up by now but I think it might be a big job.
There were a lot of trees down and damage to other trees as well that will likely need to come down too.
 
 

And the smoke just continues.
 
It was after 9 pm when I finally got home.
A pretty long day of shopping!
 
My Honey had already eaten supper so he is going to take his sandwich for supper tomorrow.
 
I picked this up at Homesense from the clearance bin for two bucks.
The top was missing and the rope handle was off on one side but I figured I could fix that and it would make a nice candle holder.
 
I didn't even know it had a switch on the bottom but My Honey tried it and it still worked!
There is a plastic sheet inside that looks sparkly when the light shines through.
I just love it - what a buy that was!
 
Didn't quite make the step goal but not a bad effort.
 
That is all for today, until next time, be happy!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment