Tuesday 12 November 2019

Candle Makers (Nov.10, 2019)

It was a quiet day over here in my hood.
I got up when My Honey left for work again.
I love getting up early on the weekends, makes me feel like I have a longer day to enjoy.
 
I found a Hallmark Christmas movie to watch.
Two Turtle Doves.
 
Just as it was finishing, Mom came up looking for something for breakfast so I offered to make us some.

I cooked up Kodiak Pumpkin Flax pancakes, eggs and bacon using the flour method.
It was a yummy breakfast.
 
I also made another chicken breast, vegetable & stove top casserole at the same time and got it into the oven.
It will be meals for the rest of the week.
 
I got my laundry on the go like I always do on weekends then I got busy on my blog.
I had a lot of catch up to do.

I also added some details to my newest snowman.
 
My sister was busy in her neck of the woods too - she got all her lollipops that she made set up along her driveway.
I think they look great!
 
I had plans on taking mom and going over to visit Baby F but mom's friend DM dropped by and stayed most of the afternoon.
 
After she left, I grabbed my book, Rilla of Ingleside and headed to the bathtub.
I'm almost done reading it so I wanted to finish up and that I did.
 
When My Honey got home, I wanted him to show me how to make a candle so he did.
We measured out the wax and got it melting.

Then I chose my scents.

In no time at all we had the candle poured in the jar and cooling.

My Honey decided he wanted to make one too.
I think picking out the scent is the hardest part (the scents are also the most expensive part of candle making).
He likes to mix a bunch together and come up with his own concoctions.

Then I cut up a turnip and we had it for a snack while we watched a couple of episodes of Diner's Drive-In's and Dives.
It always makes me want to go the places that he shows.
 
We went to bed fairly early again, I'd rather get to bed early so I can get up early over staying up late and sleeping in.
 
I saw these on Facebook today and thought they were so cute.
I'd like to try to make them - it's just greenery on a tomato cage with a hat, mittens and a nose.
Wonder how hard it would be to find a couple of tomato cages this time of year?
 
 
That is all for today, until next time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment