Sunday 11 February 2018

St Albert Office for the Day (Feb.8, 2018)

I had to go into our St Albert office today for our quarterly admin meeting and to meet up with one of the girls there that will be leaving shortly for maternity leave.
I will taking over some of her duties so wanted to get in a little training before she left.
I was the only one going in from the office so My Honey came with me.
We left the house at 7 am.
It was still dark out but the roads were nice and clear so it was an uneventful drive which is the kind I like.

It's pretty cold out today, -21C.
Makes me look forward to Miami that much more!

He dropped me off at the office right around 9:30.
I spent some time training (it didn't take long) then I just logged in and did some work until our meeting at 11 am.

The meeting was mostly about Accounts Payable which isn't my realm so it was a bit boring.
Also, our admin lead didn't run the meeting, she had her right hand lady (CD) run it and it felt a little uninformative.

Oh well.

Then we had lunch brought in.
They sent me a menu yesterday to put in my lunch order and I picked the "Get My Goat" wrap.
It had chicken and goat cheese pesto with other veggies and then some veggies with dip on the side.
It was pretty good.


We did some team building exercises at the end of the meeting which were kind of fun.


We broke into two teams then 1 person from each team had 2 minutes to go look at this block creation.
They then had to come back and instruct their other remaining team members on how to build it without actually touching anything.

After 2 minutes of building, a different team member had 1 minute to go look at the original creation then could come back and instruct the rest of the team for 1 minute, again without actually touching anything.

I was the one that got to go for the second look and this is what our team's final product looked like.

It is a lot harder than it seems and we had a few mistakes but we were close to the original.

Then we tried another where one team built a creation then the other team had to recreate it without seeing it and only from our instructions.
They weren't allowed to ask any questions either.

These are the two final creations.

They were a little off again but close.

Just goes to show how important clear communication is.

After the meeting, I found a computer and did some more work until about 3 when I had My Honey come back to pick me up.

I wanted to get a new phone and had researched which one I wanted to get.
I really like my Samsung but decided on the Google Pixle 2 XL this time because it takes great pictures and it was $0 down with a 2 year plan (this was the biggest factor).

So I get to the store and she tells me that I am not eligible for the $0 down. There are 4 levels and I am not eligible for the Premium which is the highest level.
She couldn't tell me why though, she said it may have been due to late payments or something but she couldn't help me.  She didn't really seem like she cared that much either.

That was kind of annoying.

I was also annoyed because I have been a customer for 15+ years and I don't think there should be "levels". It should be the same for whoever is coming in to get a phone.

Anyway, I left there and sat in the truck in the parking lot and called Bell Mobility to let them know how I felt.

I told them (nicely) that I wanted the phone with 0 down or I would be taking my business elsewhere.
The agreement they came up with was that I would pay the 199.00 now and they would credit my account 200.00 once the new phone was activated.

Kind of strange but whatever, I went with it.
At least they did come up with something so I'll give them that.

The fellow I dealt with was nice too and I know it isn't his rules so I wasn't upset with him.
Dealing with it took forever though and we wasted an hour sitting in the parking lot.

In the end, it turns out they are just going to mail the new phone to me so I won't get my new phone until next week.

Hopefully I can make this phone last until then and it gets here before we leave on vacation.

After we got that all dealt with, we headed over to Home Depot to pick up our new dishwasher.
They called someone to help us load it onto the truck but they were a bit slow and My Honey said it wasn't that heavy so I said I'd try to help.
Turned out it was actually very light so it was no problem for us.

We stopped to have supper at a place we hadn't tried before.
The Kebob House


It had beautiful light fixtures - this picture just doesn't do them justice.

My Honey being silly.

I had the chicken shawarma platter.

My Honey had the chicken shawarma wrap.
It was really good.
I have no idea how many points but I am going to make an educated guess for weight watchers.


I was paranoid the whole time we were in eating that someone would go by and steal the dishwasher off the truck so I made My Honey go move the truck closer to where we were sitting so we could see it out the window better and keep an eye on it.

I had wanted to make a few other stops on our trip today but knew I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving the dishwasher in the back of the truck so we decided to skip that and just head home.

I was feeling like a bit of a dessert though so we found a frozen yogurt place and stopped for a bowl before heading home.

Can you guess whose is whose?

We got home right around 9 pm and the first thing My Honey did was pull the mantle off of the fireplace.
He picked up a bunch of tools today and I guess he was excited about getting to work, ha ha!

I gave my boy a call to see how things were going and turned out they had went for another ultra sound today.
So here is an updated picture of my grandbaby.

I can actually make it out better, I can see the head and the little belly.
He/She is so cute already!!!

I pretty much went straight to bed after that
I was tired and morning comes quickly!

Memories of Texas Trip 2016

My Honey got me a trip to Texas as a Christmas present and at first I had no idea what we would do there for a whole week but once I started doing some research on things to do there, I became really excited.
It ended up being one of our best trips ever.
We flew into Houston and spent our first night there then we kind of just went with the flow.


Welcome to Houston, Texas!

While in Houston, one thing I did want to do was visit the store owned by Bill Klein from TLC's The Little Couple
Rocky & Maggie's is a pet store and I was hoping I might run into Bill there but that didn't happen.

Bernie's Burger Bus
Before leaving Houston we also stopped at this restaurant that was featured on the Little Couple because the food looked so good there.
It did not disappoint.

We also checked out the Nasa Space Center in Houston.

We got there later in the day so had to really rush through and cram a lot in.

I can't imagine having to wear one of these around.

The have left mission control just as it looked back in the day.

It's very dated but also very cool to see and imagine what things must have been like back when Space Exploration was so new.

Then we got to witness actual space scientists hard at work.

Hard at work on Orion for a mission to Mars.

A real live rocket ship up close and personal.


Hard to fathom how big it really is until you are standing right next to it.

I am sure lots more memories will be popping up on Facebook over the next few days from this trip.
It was an awesome one.

I ended up going over my daily points allotment for the day but that was ok because I had lots of weekly's to use.
I don't like having to guess for points values like I did today but I try to make the most educated guess that I can.

Fitbit stats not so good.
It will come.

That is all for today, until next time, be happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment