Wednesday 7 February 2018

Nashville Binge Continues (Feb.6, 2018)

So I am not sure why but last night I fell asleep quick and I slept like a log.
I was super cold when I got in bed.
Sometimes on nights that I curl, I get a chill right down to my bones that I just can't shake even when I get into my bed with the electric blanket turned on.
There have been times where I had to get into a hot bath just to warm myself up.
I thought that might be the case last night because I was frozen but My Honey is like a heating pad so I just snuggled up to him and before I knew it, I was in dream land.

I was looking for my lunch bag with all my veggies to take to work this morning and ended up finding it in the truck.
I'd left it there overnight so all the veggies had frozen solid and I had to throw them out.
Now I really need to get to the store!

I had egg creations for breakfast once I got to the office.
They are so yummy!

Work was quite busy today so I didn't get away from my desk much.


Thank goodness for these!
I know it's probably much cheaper to buy eggs and boil them myself but I just never seem to get it done.
These are so easy and convenient that they sure do come in handy.
And now with the new weight watchers program, they aren't even any points.


Lunch was leftover salmon and brussel sprouts.
Yum Yum!

Watched another episode of Nashville at lunch.
I still have quite a few to catch up on but I'm getting there.

I stayed late at work discussing paperwork from the golf course kitchen.


These are pretty convenient as well - grabbed them on my last Costco trip - need to get more!


Supper was salmon again but this time with green beans.
My Honey had to work super late tonight so I spent the evening watching more Nashville.

I love the new weight watchers.
I feel like I can eat lots and I still have lots of points left.
In fact too many points maybe.
Sometimes I have a hard time figuring out how to use up points at the end of the day.

These are one of my go to's for using up points.
They are only 1 point and they taste pretty good.
They are a little on the expensive side but worth it.

Feeling good today!
Finally called and made an appointment to get my hair done next week.
I was going to just do a box dye this time but I really like the streaks so going to skip the box dye for this time.
Maybe next time.
 
Had a lot of points left again so had a bowl of All Bran Buds again for a snack.
 
My Honey didn't end up getting home until after 11 pm.
I went to bed but couldn't really sleep until he was home safe & sound.
He always ends up working later on his last night of shift but last night was the latest he's had to stay yet.
 
He was so tired when he finally did make it home.
At least he gets to sleep in tomorrow.
 
Still had a little too many points for my liking left when I went to bed but I felt like I ate plenty throughout the day.
I guess that's better than not having enough points and feeling like I am starving.
 
Didn't do so hot on the activity side of things.
I'll get back to it, I WILL GET BACK TO IT!
 
MEMORIES OF NYC JULY 2012
 

These pictures from NYC popped up on my Facebook memories today for some reason.
Not sure why as we went in July?
I love looking at them and reminiscing about our trips. so thought I would share.

I am a huge tree fan and I thought this tree we saw at the Bronx Botanical Gardens was absolutely beautiful.
 
We checked out the American Museum of Natural History that trip.

My Honey found a new friend there!
(I would love to go see these for real in Easter Island some day.

We also spent some time in Central park that trip and it is just so gorgeous in there.
Loved how the greenery was growing down over the entrance to this tunnel.
 

This part of the park is so iconic to me - I've seen it in so many movies and it was cool to actually see it for real myself.

Hard to believe this scene is in the middle of one of the biggest cities in the world.
I was in awe.
 
Another stunning vista in the park.

We saw Wicked that trip.
I think I enjoyed it more than My Honey did.
I've since become a huge fan of the song "Popular" from the show.
 

We sought out this restaurant that we'd seen it on an episode of The Best Thing I Ever Ate.
It was the "For Brunch" episode and this was Chef Alex Guarnaschelli's pick.
Chocolate Decadence French Toast.
 
It was FABULOUS!
 
I worked at Kmart for years and I loved it.
I always get excited when I see the big K, we don't have them anymore in Canada.

I always dreamed of going to Broadway and I made it!

We checked out Radio City Music Hall that trip too.

I was smoking back then and each evening when we got back to the hotel, we would sit in the courtyard of the hotel so I could have a smoke.
We had lots of company out there and they were entertaining to watch.
I did keep my feet up off the ground though just in case.
(So glad I don't smoke anymore!)

We also made it out to Coney Island for the first time.
It was fun to see it and we've been back a few times since.

We saw The Book of Mormon as well.
This was My Honey's pick.
It was an awesome show, in fact, I would like to go see it again.
 
We saw some celebrities that trip, like Barney.
 
And Chef Robert Irvine.
They were having a sub making contest in Times Square.

and Subway Jared.
Boy things sure changed for him didn't they?
Guess it just goes to show that you never know what it going on behind closed doors in a person's life.
Kind of creepy. 

We got tickets to go see David Letterman, it was our second time.
 
I am glad we got to see it before he retired.

Times Square.
 

Just look at all the people.
I am still fascinated with it every time we go.
We avoid walking through the crowd now though if we can.

We walked over the Brooklyn Bridge on one of the hottest days ever.
When we got to the other side we were parched and these fresh mangos on a stick sure looked good.

We each had one.
They put lime juice and salt on them and what a great combination.
I was super sticky afterwards but it was worth it.

A view of Manhattan from New Jersey.

We went there to check out Carlos Bake Shop from Cake Boss but the line up was way down the street so we skipped it.
 
This was another place we went looking for that we'd seen on the food network.
The Big Gay Ice Cream Truck.
They have a brick and mortar place now.

My Honey tried the Godzilla!
I thought it was pistachio at first.
 
 Wasabi and ice cream sounds like a weird combo but it was actually really tasty.

I tried the Salty Pimp!
 
It was pretty darn good too!
 
Now I am getting stoked for our NY trip in April!
I love, love, love NYC.
This will be our 10th trip and we never get tired of it.
 
Well that is all for today.
Until next time, be happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment