Friday 2 February 2018

Mom's Arriving Back Home Today (Jan.10, 2018)

Still no work out this morning.
I got to bed later than I wanted and it took me a long time to get to sleep.
So I was tired again when the alarm woke me up and talked myself right into sleeping for an extra hour.
I am not giving up though.
I will get back at it.
I am going to look for a couple of races to sign up for, maybe a couple of 5k's to start then I will have a deadline to get started.

I did make a new work out tracker sheet for January - that's a step in the right direction.

I worked through lunch so I could leave a little early.
I had an apple and someone brought the pretzel mix to the office so this was my lunch.
I have to head in to the city to pick mom up at the airport tonight.

I had a list of things I needed to get so I made sure to take a picture of it before I left.

I stopped at Smash Burger for supper.

I was craving their mushroom truffle burger - it was so good last time I had it.
I really like their shoestring onion rings too.
 
I left there and went to Penningtons to exchange a few things mom had gotten me for Christmas that didn't fit.
I returned 2 tops and they had tons of good sales on so I ended up being able to exchange those 2 tops for 4 more plus I still had 20 bucks left over that they put on a gift card for me.
 
I stopped at Old Navy too since I was in the area and they had all their active wear on sale so I got a couple things there too.

Then I stopped in at Pandora in the mall to pick up a charm.
This is to commemorate our trip to Portland, I got the Pink Martini glass as a reminder of how we spent our New Years Eve there.
I love it.
 
After that I headed to the hotel room in Nisku to check in.
Mom wasn't due in until 12:00 then that got delayed another 45 minutes or so.
 
I was just going to hang out and watch tv until I had to go get her but ended up having a nap and I fell right to sleep.
Why can't I do that normally when I go to bed?
 
I headed over to the airport around 12:30 and I had to wait a long time for mom.
It was getting close to 2 am and I was getting worried then I saw her.
I had her set up with wheelchair service and WestJet is so good and helpful with that.
 
Turns out there was a lady on her flight that had a medical emergency in the air so as soon as they landed they had to wait to get off because the ambulance came to assist her.
 
All was good in the end, I got her and we headed back to the hotel with the best pillows, sheets and bed ever, the Four Points Sheraton!
 
We were tired and just went straight to be.

Didn't quite reach the fitbit goals today.
 
That is all for today, until next time, be happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment