Monday 5 February 2018

Blog Catch Up Day! (Feb.4, 2018)

I decided last night that today would be totally dedicated to blog catch up.
I have been writing all along but haven't sat down and added the pictures in and I am weeks behind so I really wanted to get that done.

So after my morning coffee, breakfast and an episode of Nashville, I got to work on it.


I made myself a nice breakfast too - eggs, bacon and an orange.

It was nice to be able to sit at an organized desk clear of clutter and work.

I got a lot done - it felt awesome.

The king of the castle watching over his kingdom!

My brother got called out to work so asked if I could watch the kiddos for a bit tonight.

SIL dropped off Mr H on her way to work.
She said Miss A was swimming and would likely be dropped off a little later.


I got busy preparing brussel sprouts for supper.
I roasted most of them in the oven.


I also broke off some of the outer "leaves" and cooked them up with garlic, onions, red pepper and bacon.
I added those to the roasted ones and it was delicious.


Mr H asked for my Ipad so I set him up with it and a mini bag of cheesies.


I put Cars on and he was so good, didn't make a peep and I was able to get the brussel sprouts into the oven.

Then Mr H asked if he could have a bath.
He just loves them.
So I figured, sure why not.
That would allow me to work on my blog a bit more.
He just loved it - he's like a little fish!
My bathroom ends up pretty soggy but who cares when it delights him so much?
It's only water.

I got him in there and maybe 5 minutes later my brother was there to pick him up.
So we left him in there to play a little longer and my brother visited with my mom a bit.


Time to go home!

Never did get to see Miss A.

My phone has been acting up the last couple days, turning off randomly and taking a long time for apps to open or opening random apps.
It has also been freezing so I've been having a bit of trouble taking pictures which is frustrating.
I may have to take bite out of my wallet and get a new one.

I got a piece of salmon prepared to go in the oven too.
Paddington was keeping me company.


"What are you doing mom?"

I was hoping to have it ready for when My Honey got home but it was still a bit frozen so it took much longer to cook then expected.


It was a delicious meal though.
My Honey cooked up some rice too which he loves but I'm not crazy over it and preferred to skip the extra points.

My Honey caught the tale end of the super bowl game (which I have absolutely no interest in) and I continued with the blog catch up.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
I really don't want to let it get this far behind ever again!
 
Turns out I probably should have eaten that rice.
Just before I went to bed, I updated WW with my supper and realized I still had 7 points left.
I normally wouldn't leave that many in a day but was on my way to bed so I grabbed a Pillars Turkey Bite for 1 point and called it good.
 
I need to pick up a few things to have on hand for situations like this.
Easy,quick, low point snacks. 

So not much movement today but I am feeling good.
 
I am actually excited about my weigh in tomorrow for the first time in a long time.
I've read before that when trying to lose weight, 80% if it is the food you eat and 20% of it is the exercise.
I am not sure how true that is or where I even read it but I know I've done good with my eating the past few days.
I will get back to the working out too.
I have 50 races to run after all!
 
That is all for today.
Until next time, be happy!








No comments:

Post a Comment