Sunday 4 February 2018

Kids & Work Outs Don't Mix (Jan.18, 2018)

I got up this morning at 5am and I was feeling so so tired.
I immediately began bargaining with myself in order to go back to bed and grab another hour of sleep.
So that's what I did.
I was feeling a little guilty for giving in but I am ABSOLUTELY going to get a work out in after work.
I am also going to make sure I get to bed at a decent hour so there will be no issue with getting up early tomorrow.

I read the Hungry Runner Girl blog most everyday and her honey made chicken tortilla soup that looked really good so at lunch time I stopped at the store to pick up the ingredients I needed and got it cooking when I got home.
It is a slow cooker recipe but I didn't know where it was so I just put it in a pot on the stove on super low heat.

When I got home after work, it smelled delicious.
My brother had texted near the end of the day to see if I could watch the kiddos for a couple hours so their mom dropped them off to me as soon as I got home.


I was still determined to get a work out in though so I added a few more things to the soup that the recipe called for then I got on my gear and headed downstairs.


Working out with a toddler running around is hard.
Mom tried to help keep him occupied.

But Mr H kept getting into everything then he would go sit at the back of the treadmill and drop things on the belt to watch them fly off lol!
It was funny but also scary because I didn't want him to get hurt.

Hard to get upset with that cute little face though.

I had to feed Miss A and get her to dance class for 6 pm and I was running out of time so after 15 minutes on the treadmill I gave up and got her some supper ready.

This just goes to show that life happens sometimes and getting that work out done in the morning works better for me.
Nothing else usually comes up at 5 in the morning so I'm not likely to have to miss a work out at that time.
I already kind of knew that anyway but this was just confirmation.

I made the kids alphabet soup but Mr H wouldn't eat any of it.


He agreed to eat a bun..


But ended up only eating the buttered part.


Miss A was good about eating hers although I had to rush her, poor dear.
I had to get her to dance class and we were running late.


I ran Miss A down to dance class, came back and had some of the tortilla soup.
It was good, I may have added a tad to many onions (can't believe I just said that) and not enough black beans but it is definitely a great recipe that I am going to tweak a little next time to my taste.


Once I was done eating I had to run back down to pick Miss A up from dance class.


We watched some Paw Patrol (Mr H's current favorite) and he found my Ipad so I downloaded a few kid games for him to play.


He really liked the puzzle ones and he didn't need any help figuring them out.

Hy brother arrived to pick them up just as my honey was getting home from work, it was close to 8 pm by then so basically My Honey ate, we watched the new Big Bang Theory then we headed to bed.


I think Professor Snuggles was happy to see the littles go.
Both kitties usually make themselves scarce when the kiddos are visiting.

I don't want to give myself any excuses for the morning, I will getting up to get my work out in!

I signed My Honey and I up for the 9/11 Memorial Run/Walk 5k being held on April 22 while we are in New York.
I am also looking at one on St Patrick's day in Edmonton but I had a few questions about it and am waiting to hear back from the event planners.
I really have to get working on my 50 races if I want to get them completed by 50!

This memory popped up on Facebook from Jan.2014
My Honey and I walked by this Ethiopian place several times downtown near the Italian Market.
It always smelled so delicious but the building it was in looked pretty run down.
We finally decided to just go in and try it.
It was super good and we've been back several times since.

There are no utensils, everyone shares from the same platter and they give you this injera bread and you use that to scoop up the food which is meat and vegetables and lentils.
The injera is like a spongy pancake with a slightly sour taste to it - it is yummy!

Plus the folks that run it are so friendly.
We are really glad we tried it and would recommend anyone to give it a try.

The place is called Abyssinia.
So didn't reach those 10,000 steps today.
Tomorrow is another opportunity to do just that!

Until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment