Tuesday 20 February 2018

Oh Weekend, How I Love Thee. (Feb.18, 2018)

This morning I made a coffee and got all caught up on Heartland.


I made myself a delicious bagel with egg and turkey for breakfast.
It sure hit the spot.

I also did laundry and did some cleaning and organizing around the house.

My niece called and asked if I could take her to drop something off so I did.
I also gave her my exercise ball and some scented waxes.

Other than that, it was a really quiet day.

I did pick up these cleansing strips at the dollar store yesterday so I figured I'd give them a try.

It didn't seem to attach as well as others I've tried but it did work ok.

I did have a nice relaxing bath this afternoon and read some more of the first Game of Thrones book that I am about half way through now.

I was hoping to get some blogging done but that didn't happen.

I went to download my pictures from my new phone to my computer and I realized that the charge cord for the Google Pixel XL 2 is a weird different size.

Also, it didn't come with a cord that hooks up to the computer.
I found that so annoying and frustrating.

I have tons of cords for the old iphone, new iphone and my samsung but they are all now useless to me.
Why do they do that?

I need a male to male usb cord and there aren't many places here in town to get something like that.

So I went to the two gas stations to look - they didn't have them.

I ended up sending the pictures to myself on messenger then uploaded them from there.
Such a pain.

I am regretting a little now that I didn't go with the Samsung.
For sure something to keep in mind next time I upgrade phones.

I had a few sweet potatoes hanging around so I made sweet potato fries for supper.

I just love them.
I mix some mayo together with seafood cocktail sauce for a dip and it is a perfect combination.

I had some chicken breast that I needed to use up too so I made chicken fingers.
I had some bacon that needed to be used up as well so I just wrapped some of the fingers with bacon.
Then the rest I soaked in a buttermilk spice mixture for a bit then I dipped them in a mixture of panko bread crumbs and flaked coconut.
I've never made them like that before but they turned out really well, I think I'll likely make them again.

We watched an episode of GOT when My Honey got home.
I love having weekends off but when he has to work them, I miss him.
It's nearly bed time by the time he gets home.

I think PS missed him too.
He latched on and didn't want to let go of him.

Look at how adoringly he is looking up at him.
Aww, so cute!

I had gotten up early so I was quite tired so we pretty much went to bed after the GOT episode.

Tomorrow is a holiday here in Alberta (Family Day) so I have another day off - woot woot!

I didn't track in WW again today and I did pick up a pack of cookies at the store today and I had a couple of them.

Somebody had this posted on Facebook and I thought it was great advice.

I didn't track any of my food today on weight watchers.

Did a little better with the fitbit steps.
Want to get back to having over 10,000 per day.

That is all for today.
Until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment