Sunday 4 February 2018

Ladies Bonspiel Begins (Jan.19, 2018)

I had already decided before going to bed that I would not try to talk myself out of a work out this morning so when my alarm went off, I pretty much got up right away.
I got ready and got that work out in.

I followed the same interval pattern that I did on Wednesday morning (jog 1 minute, walk 1 minute, jog 2 minutes, walk 1 minute, jog 3 minutes etc up to 5 minutes then back down again) only this time I did it at 4.1 for the speed.
I like that pattern, I think I will continue to use it.
I do need to work on my endurance as well so once a week I will just try to jog as long as I can, no pattern, just straight jogging.
I wasn't planning on trying to up my speed until next week but I felt ready to start this morning so I just did it.


It felt good!


I had left over chicken tortilla soup and it hit the spot!

I left work a little early so I could go home and make muffins to take to with me tonight.
The ladies bonspiel is this weekend and we have a game tonight at 7 pm.

Everyone usually brings snacks tonight and I couldn't think of anything else to make.

I wanted to make the chocolate pumpkin muffins I make lots but couldn't remember if the recipe called for devils food cake mix or brownie mix.
Brownie mix was on sale so I went with that.


Turns out that was a mistake because the muffins were a huge fail.
They kind of looked (and felt) like hockey pucks.
They looked too awful to take over there so instead I gathered up a bunch of Christmas goodies that were still hanging around the house and took that instead.


The team we played was from WCT (two of their players are married to fellows that work with me).
They were a really good team - their skip was awesome, made all her shots.


It was a good close game, tied going into the 8th end but we ended up pulling out a win.


Friday night is usually the party night so after our game we headed upstairs to party.


First there was some business to attend to.


Then the fun began.


There was a DJ and dancing.


everyone was drinking and having a lot of fun.


I wasn't drinking but I still had a lot of fun watching all of the ensuing shenanigans.


Time for shots!


It is always a really great ladies party night!
I hung around until 2:30 am.
The nice thing about not drinking is that I could drive myself home!


When I got home, my little love bug wanted to cuddle with me before I headed off to bed.

We are off to a good start, we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Some Bonspiel memories from years past popped up on my Facebook page today.

This was last year, 2017/
We came first in the "B" event!

This year we may not have placed in the bonspiel but as far as I am concerned we did win for best pajamas!

The work out this morning combined with the curling bumped me up to a nice step total for the day.

That is all for today,
Until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment