Sunday 4 February 2018

And the Bonspiel is Over, At Least For Us! (Jan.20, 2018)

Our first game was at 10 am this morning.
I figured I'd have no trouble getting up so I didn't bother to set an alarm.

I woke up at 9 and luckily I looked at my fitbit to check the time because I was thinking of rolling over and going back to sleep.

I got up and got ready, made a coffee and fried myself a couple of eggs which I ate in the truck while it was warming up.

I arrived to the club in plenty of time.

Things were a little more subdued this morning.

We watched the end of this mornings first games - we had to wait for the ice.

Our first game was against Pam's team from Slave Lake.
They are super good and usually win the A event every year.

We had high hopes and although we scored a point in a couple ends, they ended up crushing us and we conceded after the 6th end.

It ended up being good though because it gave us a bit of time to rest before our next game at noon.

I had a bowl of soup and my very first burger ever from the hockey rink in town then we were back on the ice.

This time we played a team from town.
We played really well and they ended up conceding to us after the 6th end.
That was nice because it gave me time to run home and shower before our next game which was scheduled for 4 pm.
I ended up soaking in a nice hot bath.
I was much more tired than I expected to be.
That staying up until 2:30 really took a toll on me.
I had a giant headache too so the bath was nice.

After chilling for a bit at home, I headed back to the rink for our 4 o'clock game.
This time we played against Witwer - we end up playing against them pretty much every bonspiel.
It's always a close game, sometime we come out on top and sometimes they do.
This time was no different.
We were tied going into the 8th but in the end they pulled out the win which put us out of the bonspiel.
It was kind of a bummer but we played well.

Afterwards we had supper.


Burger Baron in town made fried chicken and lasagna.
There were also salads.
I skipped the lasagna but the fried chicken was really good.
We hung around the clubhouse afterwards for awhile.


Black and White was the theme of the bonspiel this year and these girls had great costumes.

Everyone was pretty much partied out after last night so it seemed like it might be a quiet night but a few of them got their mojo back.
Not me!


I hung with my team mate, SM and it was nice just to sit and chat and catch up.

I bought raffle tickets and since you had to be there to collect, I was just waiting for the draws then I was heading home.
They did the draws around 10:15pm.

I didn't win any of the raffles but they did draw a position from each team and gave that person a gift and I was the winner on our team.

I got a $50 gift card which was awesome!
By 10:30 I was out of there.
Guess I just can't hang with the big girls, ha ha!!!

When I got home, I played games on my ipad longer than I wanted and so only made it to bed after midnight.
Let me tell you though, it sure felt good laying my head on the pillow and snuggling up to My Honey!

No official work out today but 3 games today helped me get those steps in.

That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment