Tuesday 13 February 2018

Online Shopping Spree (Feb.11, 2018)

My Honey needed a few more supplies from WCT so as soon as we got up, we made a quick trip there and back.
 
Then when I got home, I got busy doing some online shopping.
 
My new phone will be here next week so I wanted to make sure I had a phone case ready to go when it arrived.
Since I had to order $35 worth for the free shipping, I ended up ordering 3 different cases.
This was my first pick just because I am a pink girl.
I love all things pink.
I wasn't too sure on how good of a case it would be though so I had to pick a couple other options just in case.

I also like purple and the $10.00 price tag helped me to decide on this one.
This one was $20 bucks but I know for sure that it is a good one because I have the same one currently only it is a coral color.
I am feeling the blue vibe lately though so wanted to switch things up a bit.
 
My Honey and I decided that we don't want to put the wood burning fire place back in.
We never used it anyway and probably never would.
So we started looking at other options and the electric fireplace insert is what we agreed upon.
We did a lot of researching and comparing and measuring and this is the one we settled on.
It was $400.00 from Wayfair and the shipping is free (bonus).
However, it won't be here until Feb.27 so our fireplace project is kind of on hold until then.
 
This is the closest picture I could find of how our fireplace should look when it is all done.
The stone showing here will be either white tiles or brick painted white in ours.
Also, My Honey found a huge log out in the field that he cut and chiseled into a big beam.
It's been drying out and he still needs to plain it and then we are going to stain it a medium oak color and it will be the mantle.
I think it is going to look awesome!
 
We are going with white walls except the one wall behind the fireplace which will be the accent wall.
I was thinking maybe red or navy blue but My Honey doesn't want a dark color so we compromised and it is going to be a blue/teal color.

I found these awesome curtains on Wayfair for a great deal so I ordered them up too.
I think they will look so great against the white walls.
I have My Honey talked into plantation style shutters for the windows in the living room but we will have to have them custom made so they are going to happen a little later on down the road.
 
I am looking forward to how bright and fresh and clean everything is going to look once we are all done.
Super exciting.
 
My Honey was working hard on building out the new frame for the fireplace while I was hard at work shopping.
 
When we finished, we ran down to Subway and got subs for supper.
 
They have a new rotisserie chicken sub and that is what I opted for.
Eating so late probably won't help out with my weigh in tomorrow but it was yummy.
 
We watched an episode of GOT before calling it a night.
 
Memories of Texas Trip 2016 Continued 

Basket of super tasty deep fried pickles.

We tried an authentic Texas BBQ place and it did not disappoint.
Which was great because we aren't always impressed with bbq places.

The largest wind chimes I have ever seen.
Guess everything really is bigger in Texas.

Next stop, Gruene, Texas.

We checked out the dance hall there.
Gruene Hall, built in 1878, is Texas' oldest continually operating and most famous dance hall.

I think a lot of good times have happened in this place.

It had a wonderful courtyard area too - I'd go to a party here for sure.

One of their claims to fame is that this is the place where George Strait got his start.

The weather in Texas was so lovely this time of year.
Far better than the snow we have at home.
We took advantage and did lots of exploring - such a pretty place.
 
Memories of Las Vegas 2014 continued

Four years ago we were seeing Shania Twain in Caesars Palace.
Our seats were in the nosebleed section but we still enjoyed the show.

The night before we saw Raiding the Rock Vault in LVH.

The performers were a mish mash of musicians from 80's and 90's rock bands.
It was a lot of fun.
Women were going crazy for them and it was very amusing to watch.
 
Went over my dailies again.
I don't want to be too restrictive so I hope I can still lose if I use them.
Guess we will see tomorrow.
 
A little higher with the fitbit step total today.
 
That is all for today.
Until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment