Sunday 4 February 2018

April of Green Gables (Jan.16, 2018)

Great day today.
Our bonuses arrive.
I am very greatful to work for a company that gives its employees bonuses, I know not everyone is that fortunate and the economy hasn't been that great lately either so I appreciate it even more.
Got up and got my sweat on again this morning.
My shoe was bothering me, giving me a blister.
So I had to keep stopping and adjusting until finally I just changed into another pair of sneakers I have which aren't conducive to running but weren't causing a blister either which I deemed to be the best case scenario.

I did intervals of 5 min jogging at 4.0 and 1 min of walking.
Feel like I'm still working on getting back to where I was just before Christmas but I also feel like it won't take me that long.
I definitely need to figure out the blister situation though - new sneakers? thicker socks?
I'll try anything to avoid getting a blister.

It's so strange because they are the exact same sneakers I was using just last month and they didn't bother me at all before.
I don't know what has changed?



Anyway- I got the work out in and that's what counts.
Feeling great about it too!


Had a bowlful of veggies for a snack this morning at my desk.

They had meetings today with our chemical guys so they brought in three big trays of subway subs for lunch.
They had plenty so I took a couple home for lunch for mom & I.

Then at the end of the day, there were still some left so I took a few more home for mom & I again.
Perfect!

I found a great deal on airfare to NYC in April when the Varsity Vocal finals will be going on so I booked it.
We got our bonuses from work today so I figured what better way to spend some of it?
I am always so thankful everytime we get bonuses, they sure do come in handy!


I've been noticing that it is about time to get my hair done again.
Not sure if I'll do streaks again or just one solid color.
I like the streaks but it's nice to give my hair a break from the blonde dye every now and then.
It's hard on my hair.

I had a massage booked at 5:30 so I basically just had time to eat and head up there.

I look forward to them so much.
Sometimes I wonder if I should be spending so much money on it but I never regret it.
It just feels so good to get all the kinks and tightness rubbed away - it's worth it.

Plus we always have great talks.


She did some cupping on me today and it felt extra pinchy.
She said that was because I was so tight.
She also said the tighter ones would leave darker marks and she was right.
I am kind of embarrassed that this is how my back looks but there it is.

I got home and was looking on facebook and saw a video of cats watching a mouse on tv.
So My Honey looked it up on YouTube and found cat tv.
Basically it is just videos of things that cats would find interesting.


We put a few differant ones on for them to watch and they were really into it.
Paddington really liked watching the birds and Professor Snuggles liked watching the mouse.
We were entertained just watching them.

I called my auntie to chat for a bit about my grandmothers house.
It is hers now but she isn't sure what she is going to do.
My mother had expressed interest in moving there so my auntie was checking to see what was up with that.
I feel bad for her that she needs to deal with this on top of losing her mom and I also am afraid that the house will end up being sold out of the family and it will be so strange to go to PEI and not go to that house.
But I can't take it on and she had to do what is best for her so whatever she decides to do, I completely support her.

In celebration of our land purchase in PEI, a facebook friend posted this picture.


I didn't notice at first but he photo shopped my face from this picture over Anne's face.
I actually kind of love it.
Huge Anne fan over here!

Then next thing you know, it was time for bed.

Hit the fitbit step goal - woo hoo!

That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment