Sunday 4 February 2018

Broadway Show in Edmonton (Jan.27, 2018)


This morning we slept in a bit then headed to IHop for breakfast.

My Honey had an omelette with an avocado sauce.

I had the cheesecake pancakes along with eggs, bacon and hash browns.

The pancakes could have stood to have a bit more cheesecake in them but they were good anyway.

We left there and to Princess Auto and the bargain store.
I was pretty fascinated with this guy trying to knock the snow off the giant letters.

 I found a bunch of little sleepers for the baby, some for only 1.50.


This little tshirt too that I couldn't resist.

They had boxes and boxes of nail polish there for .50 cents a bottle.
Wish I'd known that at Christmas time.
I'll know for next time!!

After that we went to Home Depot to look at flooring and dishwashers.
We picked out a dishwasher and ordered it.
The sales guy was nice.

We left him and shopped around a bit then went up front to pay for it.
While there at the service desk, the sales guy came up and he had done something wrong on our order so needed to refund it and put it through again.
The manager at the front was so rude to him right in front of us.

It took quite a bit of time to get it sorted out but finally we were on our way.
We stopped at a few other places to look around.

I found a nice laptop case at Winners.

Then we went to Famousa for a late lunch.
Of course I had my go to drink.
It was delicious.

I tried a new special pizza they had.

A roasted cauliflower pizza.
I wasn't sure if I would like it or not, I got them to add dates to mine just in case.
It was really good.
I was happy that I tried it.

We had prosciutto wrapped mozza balls too.
This tomato sauce is just so good that I could have ate a bowl full of just that.


My Honey had his usual.

We left there and went to St Albert.
I am looking for a long sleeved bathing suit for our trip to Miami.
I checked out Sportcheck but they didn't have anything.

BN and JM were going to the new place that just opened in St Albert.
Atlantic Kitchen.
They have seafood there and dishes from the East coast.

Even though we'd just eaten not that long ago, we decided to meet them mostly just to hang out.
We ordered mussels to share.
They had way to much garlic on them.

I ordered a bowl of their chowder (it was awful) 
Barely any seafood in it and I think they made it with water or something instead of milk or cream.


 I also got the clam strips.
Those were good.

JM is heading out to Dominican Republic on Friday for two weeks.

They were going to the movie tonight and My Honey & I had tickets to a show I found online.


The Best of Broadway.

It was in the Strathcona area downtown.
In a theater I never even knew existed until tonight.


We were excited to check out something new.

The show ended up being mainly teenagers but did have other aged performers ranging from 5 to 60.

They performed a few songs from about a dozen different broadway shows.

A couple of the performances were great.
Especially a girl who did a song from Waitress.  She had a great voice.

There was a guy in the show that was really awkward, he couldn't really dance or do the moves at all.
I kind of thought that he might be blind at one point but I think he was just very uncoordinated.
He was however, a really good singer.

It was certainly not what I was expecting but we enjoyed ourselves.

We went back to the hotel and there is a Fionn McCools right beside it so we stopped there for a snack.

I got beer bread and cheese.
I wasn't that crazy for it - the cheese was gross.
It was like cheap movie theatre cheese for nachos.

My Honey got a half order of buffalo chicken nachos and they were super good.


They had a live singer there also and he was really great 


so we hung around and listened to him until he was done.

Once back at the hotel, I really wanted some licorice but they didn't have any so I grabbed these instead.
We were teasing each other about which description best fit and I couldn't decide so I got all three.

We watched Oprah's Where Are They Now.
I've never really watched it before, I quite enjoyed it.
My Honey fell asleep but I got sucked into a second episode of it before finally going to sleep myself.

Some Facebook memories popped up from Christmas 2008

This is my son and my niece.
They've been more like brother and sister which is really nice.
They have both grown into adults now.

And there is Max and Mr Jones the first year we had him.
I got him to be a friend for Max but Max was never interested in having animal friends.
He is definitely a people dog.

My cousin T was living in Alberta at the time and came up from the city to spend Christmas with us.

One of the guys bought her a gift and this was his wrapping job.
Ha ha - cracked me up.

My two brothers and their buddy MM.
They've been friends for years, he is kind of like another brother.

Ha ha - another of my brothers friends he met out here who happens to be from Tignish, PEI too so he came and spent Christmas with us as well.
He is a really nice guy, full of energy, always positive.

That is supposed to be a Grinch hat - don't know how grinchy it looks but at least it is green.

This was my second Christmas in Alberta and it was nice to have all my family around.

We had Christmas dinner at my mom's.
My sister came and another cousin, J, was also living in Swan Hills at the time so of course he and his friend joined us.

I helped out at the kids Christmas party that year for work.
I had hesitations about moving out here but by this point I was super happy with my choice.
I love this hat - I gave it away on a drunken whim and I wish now that I hadn't.

Ms SV and I getting into the punch.
(It was a kids party so it was just punch)

Ms SV and Ms BH.

Ms BH and I.

I felt so blessed (and still do) to have found such great new friends and a wonderful place to work.

Fitbit stats for today.

That's all she wrote for today.
Until next time, be happy!





No comments:

Post a Comment