Tuesday 16 April 2024

Mini Pops (Apr.6, 2024)

I woke up super early this morning, like 5:30 am and I was feeling so rested that I just got up.
I had a couple coffees and did a bit of blogging (Kody had my computer in the city so I'd gotten way behind) then around 8:30, I left for the city.

I made a stop at a Raggs to Riches in Spruce Grove to look at the new spring line of IOD products 
I treated myself.

Then I also made the rounds of the second hand stores.
I'm looking for some quilts to use for crafting.
I didn't really find much.

I did find this cute baby scrapbook set that I thought Morgan might like so I texted her to see and she did like it so I picked it up for her.

We are taking the girls to see the Mini Pops today so Kody, Haylee & Freya and Crystal and Zepplyn are heading in today as well and we will all be spending the night,
(Rita is keeping Eden for the night).

Kody called me because Freya wanted to drive in to Edmonton with me but I was already in there.
Crystal texted as well to see if I wanted to come in with them - I did say I'd meet her at the hotel though so we could drive to the Jubilee together.

The show started at 3 and we made it there early, Kody, Haylee & Freya got there closer to the start.
Crystal got the girls each a t-shirt and got them each a light up microphone.

The microphones were like 15 bucks each and if you wanted the dongle to hang around your neck and attach it, that was another 5 bucks.
Marketing genius because I bet pretty much every single kid I saw had one.

I remember liking the mini pops when I was a kid, I didn't realize it was still a thing.

The crew

Oh yeah, I was there too so had to get another shot with me in there!

Freya is always such a little ham.

The show got started - it wasn't really what I was expecting.
There were 5 kids, 3 girls and 2 boys.
They were ok singers and dancers - the kids all seemed to really enjoy them.

Freya had a grand time, dancing and singing.
The were encouraging all the kids to get up and dance and she listened!

I think she had a lot of fun.

Trying to get a shot of all the lighted microphones in the audience.

After the show, Kody and Haylee went to a movie and Crystal and I took the girls out for supper.

Freya wanted ramen of course - that's what she always wants.
Crystal and Zepplyn.

Freya and I.

My ramen was really good - I had the black tonkotsu as usual.

We decided to head to the hotel and take the girls swimming next.
We had to stop at Walmart on the way to get Freya a swimsuit because hers was with Kody and Haylee but no biggie.
We picked one out pretty quickly and were back at the hotel in no time.

Rocking her new bathing suit.
She and Zepplyn got the same one only Freya's was blue and Zepplyn's was purple.

The pool was crazy busy tonight - this was pretty quiet compared to how it got.
Freya went down the slide a bunch of times all by herself.

We spent about an hour in the pool then it was back to the room to hang out for the rest of the evening.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment