Saturday 6 April 2024

Las Vegas Day 2 - Viva Las Arepas, Hobby Lobby, Birrias Taco and The Sphere (Mar.14, 2024)

We woke up to a grey, dreary day which was kind of a bummer but I had to run 5k and Jason was planning on doing a 30k run today so we got ready and headed out.

It was a bit cold at first when I got outside but once I got going it was kind of the perfect temperature for running.
 
I headed South on the strip for about 2.5k then turned around and headed back to the Strat.

The exercise details.

My average pace and splits.

I knew Jason was going to be a bit so I got myself a coffee at Starbucks then I went up to the room and had a shower and just relaxed a bit.

Jason was sending me pictures of things he was seeing along the way.
Like this giant transformer.

The Sphere.

This is the spot we had breakfast at on our last morning on our last trip - it was just ok.

When I saw he was nearly back, I decided to go outside and meet him.
He was just coming up to the Strat when I got outside so it was great timing.
We decided to go to a little spot just up from the Strat that we really like to have a bite to eat.

Viva Las Arepas.

We shared a chicken arepa.

Look at all the chicken in there - so good.

We tried this last time we were here and I loved it so I was excited to have it again.
It's an Arepa Cachapa.
It's a cornmeal crust with cheese in the middle and it's delicious.
They have these green sauces that are so good - I was just dousing mine with it.

We also got a piece os Tres Leches for dessert but it wasn't that good.

After we ate, we headed back to the room so Jason could shower and change then because it was kind of a grey, dreary day, we decided to go do some shopping today.
We hit up Hobby Lobby, Joannes,and a few other places.
I got some craft supplies and fabric - I can't get over how much cheaper the fabric is here compared to home.

We stopped for a mid shopping snack at Chick-Fil-A.
It's a favorite and we don't have one at home but there is one coming!!!
I'm so excited - they are opening on in the West Edmonton Mall sometime this year.

After we ate, we did a bit more shopping, the weather wasn't looking great for our trip and I packed for warmer weather, so did Jason, so we were looking for some warmer clothes.

We hit up a taco spot we really like for supper, we've been here once before and their birria tacos are soooo good.

It looks like they've done some renovations since last time we were here.

Love the art work on the wall.

It's a small little place but so good.

We got the ceviche to share.

I got a shrimp taco and a fish taco.
The fish was shredded with some kind of sauce I didn't care for but the shrimp one was really good.

.
Then the birria tacos were just as good as I remember

After we ate, we headed over to The Sphere.
We had tickets to see the show there tonight.

The Sphere is always changing - I like the emoji version.

Then this was how it looked when we parked and were walking in.

There are giant escalators inside.

It looks pretty cool inside.

.
Aura At The Sphere.
They have these AI robots that interact with people and they are so cool.

Aura making friends.

This one wasn't interactive in the same way that the first one was - it explained the sound system and how amazing it was.

Then it did a Sound system demonstration.

More escalators taking you up to the different levels of seating inside of the dome.

The Sphere lobby.

Some of the cool artwork in the lobby area.

These hanging rings were all over.

We sat in the 200 section.

The place is huge inside.

Jason and I.

I think one of the seats more in the middle or near the top may have been better but we paid 100 US a piece for our seats as it was and they weren't bad seats.

The screen was gigantic.

The show were were watching was Postcards from Earth.
It started out kind of slow and on a smaller screen and I was thinking oh no, what did I pay all this money for.

But then the screen expanded and it was amazing.

Jelly fish in the ocean.

Inside the dome at The Sphere.

It was just showing all these beautiful places on the earth and it showed all these animals.
At one point there were elephants and it was like they walked right up to you and they were huge.
Then it switched to giraffes, again they walked right up to you, one was even kind of in behind us and it was like it was looking down at us.
That was my favorite part.

Then it got preachy.
It started showing all kinds of natural disasters and terrible events and it turned into a lecture on how us humans have destroyed the Earth which ruined it for me.
We were sitting in this billion dollar facility watching footage that was filmed all over the world and we were getting lectured on our footprint on the Earth - pretty hypocritical if you ask me.

They should have just left it at showing our the beauty of our Earth in my opinion.

We were in there for 2 hours in total, we had an hour in the lobby before the show started then the show itself was 50 minutes.

The Sphere decked out for St Patrick's Day when we were heading back to the car.

We headed back to the Strat, did a little gambling and I won a little bit so that was good.
Then we called it a night.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment