Wednesday 17 April 2024

Bon Ton Bakery and Rge Rd (April 13, 2024)

 Jason wanted to head out for a run when he got up but the girls would not let him.

So I suggested maybe we go for a walk with him for a ways then that kind of morphed into us taking them to a bakery I'd noticed up the street.

Bon Ton Bakery.
It was crazy busy in there so I got a number and waited and Jason took the girls to McDonald's next door to get some breakfast.
I got quite a few things to try including cookies, bagels, cream cheese spread, a baguette and a couple other things.

The girls had each picked out something too so after I got everything, I walked over and met them at McD's.

Freya had picked out a brownie.

Zepplyn picked this lemon dessert.

It was really pretty, so glossy.

We saw this sign along the walk route.

Back at the house, Eden was up playing with Grandma Rita.

Kody enjoying his morning coffee.

Jason kept trying to get out for his run but the girls were just not having it so instead, Haylee suggested we go to the Strathcona Farmer's Market.

We walked around the market and I did buy a couple things, like some beet bagels and dill pickle cream cheese spread.
Then we went out and met Jason - He'd taken the girls out there to hang out.

Zepplyn and Freya.

A mural in the area.

I got my eyes on you!

There just randomly happened to be some sidewalk chalk so Freya got busy doing one of her favorite things - drawing.

There was a bakery right there and Jason took the girls there.

They shared a chocolate tart, looks like a little birds nest with some eggs.

Back at the house, Kody, Haylee got ready to head back home and they took Eden with them.
Haylee has an appointment in Swan Hills in the morning at 10 that she couldn't move.

And Jason was finally able to head out for his run.
He promised the girls they could track his progress on my Google Maps app and that he'd send them progress pictures along the way.

He sent them this one when he made it to the stairs in the River Valley where he did a stair workout.
Basically he ran up and down them a bunch of times.

Then he stopped by the famous Edmonton ball sculpture (it's so ugly).

Crystal and Rita ended up taking Zepplyn and Freya to the West Edmonton Mall.

They hung out in the giant whale.

Tried out the virtual reality ride.

I stayed back at the house and waited for Jason to come back then he and I went a did some shopping.
I bought myself a couple pairs of jeans and a top for my birthday.
My brother Rob had sent me some cash yesterday and told me to buy myself something that I didn't need.

For supper, Jason had made reservations for us all at Rge Rd - I've been wanting to eat there for a few years now although I can't really remember why.
Our reservation was for 8 pm, Zepplyn, Crystal and Rita were there.

Then also Jason, Freya and I.
It was a very limited menu and there wasn't really anything on it that would be suitable for the girls.

We ended up getting a charcuterie board and a cheese and cracker platter for them.
They didn't really like anything on either but Freya enjoyed building cracker creations for Jason.

So we ordered them each a smore dessert and that's what they had to eat.

I ordered the gnocchi, it was in a cheesy sauce and it was fabulous.

Jason got the bison steak - we had planned on sharing but I liked the gnocchi more so I pretty much finished that off and let him have the bison.

The food was expensive but it was good.
I'd go back but maybe just Jason and I, definitely wasn't suitable for fussy kids.

When we left the restaurant, I ordered a cheese pizza for the girls and picked it up on the way back to the VRBO so they could get some food in their bellies.

I had a slice of Tres Leches cake for dessert when we got home.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment