Wednesday 10 April 2024

Easter Supper and Adios Zombie Seamus (Mar.31, 2024)

 It's Easter and I'm having the family over for dinner.

We decided to do something different and so we are having spaghetti and meatballs for supper instead of the usual ham or turkey so we didn't have to spend the whole day cooking.

I did so some cleaning though and I did some crafting.

I had to do a 10 mile run today - I planned on doing it outside and even went out and ran like 1 mile, but then I had to stop in to the house to use the washroom and it was really windy outside so I didn't want to go back out there.

Instead I decided to get on the treadmill.

I knew it would be hard, long and boring but I figured I'd just suck it up and get it done.

I only got another 7 miles done then it was getting close to supper time so I had to stop to go make supper.
I told myself I'd hop back on later and finish up the last 2 miles.
That didn't end up happening - I'll get to that later.

Still felt pretty darn good about getting 7 miles done on the treadmill.

Morgan & Kalem were having dinner with her Mom and Haylee & Kody were in Barrhead at her Grandma's so it was just my brothers that came over (and Hunter & Alivia too of course).

Hunter, Jason and Rob.

Alivia and Adrien.

Mom and I.

The spaghetti was pretty good if I do say so myself.

Kody and Haylee and the girls got home from Barrhead and came over as did Crystal and Zepplyn so we could do the pinata.

Jason did such a great job with him.

Look at the details on his eyes.

And on the head he was carrying.

Little Eden.

She can sit up now but not for long, she kind of just starts leaning over more and more a little at a time until she topples over.

Jason got zombie Seamus hung off of the swing frame.

Then it was time to start whacking him.

Zombie Seamus meets his doom.

The aftermath.

All that work for this.

Everyone enjoyed it though so it was totally worth it.
Everyone stayed to visit for a bit then when they headed home, Freya informed Kody and Haylee that she was staying at our house for the next 5 nights.
Even though they aren't leaving for Edmonton until tomorrow, they just let her stay - she was determined.

Jason took her for a bike ride.
Look at this great shot that he got of her.

While they were out doing that, I put the finishing touches on the trees I was working on.

I got 5 of them finished up - more product to sell at the Christmas Craft show later this year.

A red one.

A white one.

A green plaid.

A green leaf print.

And another Christmas-sie plaid.
I love how they all turned out.

Haylee posted some pictures of their Easter so I thought I would share.

The Easter Bunny found the girls.

Eden rocking some bunny ears.

Freya, Mommy and Eden.

Eden and Daddy.

Daddy making faces.

Freya and Ozzy.

Sisters!

Smiling at Grandma.

Trying to open her egg.

Ha forget it - just eat it instead.

Trying to get her to smile.

There it is.

Super close up - Eden

Freya.

By the end of the night I was limping - my left ankle was really bothering me A LOT!
It has been bothering me for a few days now but tonight was really bad.
So I made a decision to take a week off of training - I'm not even going to try to get my 14,000 steps in.

It's a bummer because I've come so far in my training this time and I was hoping for a PB but after what happened with my Iceland marathon training, I am trying to be careful.

 I continued to train even though I my groin was injured and I did finish the marathon but I was really hurt - it took me months afterwards to heal and get back to training.
I don't want that to happen again.

So I'm going to give it a week and see what happens.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment