Thursday 2 March 2023

And So The Long Awaited Family Vacation Begins (Feb.15, 2023)

Jason got up this morning and headed out for his run and I stayed in the room with Freya.
I was supposed to run today but I just didn't feel like it.

He sent me this pictures of some alligators he saw, just across the street from where we stayed.

So when we checked out, we all headed over there to have a look.
It was a mini golf place called Congo River.

There were a bunch of little alligators there sunning themselves.

Everyone checking them out.

You didn't have to go in and pay or anything, it was just right along the sidewalk and anyone could just stop and have a look.

They just seem so lazy all just laying there in the sun.

She is a Stitch fiend.

There was a Cracker Barrel near by so we decided to go there for breakfast.


My little sunshine.

Zepplyn did not want to pose for a picture.

Kody and Freya.

Jason and I.

Haylee and Zepp.

Me and my girl.
I just realized that I missed getting a picture of Crystal.

I had the cream cheese pancakes with strawberries.
They were really good.
Freya ended up eating all of the strawberries so I ordered her a side dish of them with whipped cream and she ate all of those as well.

We weren't able to check into our VRBO until 4 pm so after we ate, we went to a Target to kill some time.
We did a bit of shopping and get some groceries for the house.
Then we were able to head over there.

The place we rented was in Kissimmee, it was in Emerald Lake Resort which is a gated community and it looked really nice.
The place was nice, it had 7 bedrooms and 5 full bathrooms and 1 half bath.
Very spacious.
This is the formal dining room

The kitchen.

The living room area - the room Jason and I stayed in was off of the living room, you can see the doorway there on the left.

Just another view of the kitchen.

The living room again with the laundry room then further down from that was the garage which they'd converted to a games room.
There was a pool table in there and foose ball table.

Our bedroom.

It had a huge bathroom with a giant tub and shower.

Freya picked out this Pickachu dress today at Target that we got for her.

Zepplyn is all about Stitch and she hit the jackpot - they had tons of Stitch stuff.
She got a new shirt she modelled for us.

The girls.

Freya taking a selfie.
She acts like she is going to take your picture and gets you to pose then she shows you the picture and it's a selfie of herself.
Ha ha.

Zepplyn got new Stitch socks too.

Freya took this picture of Jason and I.
I can't believe how large I look in it.

More of her 'trick' pictures.

She'd say, no no, for real this time, then it would end up being a selfie of her again.

I did convince her to take a selfie or two with me.

She's pretty darn cute.

The pool area.

Jason posing for Freya.

Freya picked out a little Stitch dress at the store too and she had to try it on and show us.
It's pretty cute actually.

Just hanging by the pool waiting for the rest of our group to arrive.

I picked myself up some slides at Target today - they are comfy.

Dipped my toes in the pool - it was pretty cold.

It cost an extra 250 a week to have the pool heated so we opted not to do that.
We figured as Canadians we'd be able to handle a colder pool but I'm starting to rething that decision now.

The pool area is really nice - I bet we'll be spending a lot of time out here.
Lots of seating too which is nice.

Freya's new glasses we made together.

Jen and her boys, Mom, Rob and Morgan were all on the same flight from Toronto to Orlando and they were the next crew to arrive at the house.
Jen said it took her forever to get her rental car as well.
We ordered pizza for everyone for supper.

Ethan and Declan are growing up so much.

Mom - looking forward to some nice weather and family time.

Mel, Alivia and Hunter were the final bunch to arrive just a bit after Jen & Crew.
Hunter is pretty excited to see his cousins.

The smoking section.
Mel said she had no problem at all picking up her vehicle, she had to take a shuttle from the airport to the car rental place but she was the only one there so got it in no time.

She was pretty tuckered out and fell asleep pretty quickly.

Jason and I went for a walk around the resort were were in so I could get the rest of my steps and it was so nice out.
I am loving the weather already.

I am so excited that this family vacation I've been dreaming about so long is finally here and I look forward to enjoying every moment.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment