Tuesday 26 January 2021

The Big Chestnut Reveal (Jan.23, 2021)

Jason put the samples down so we could see if any of them stood out to us.

There was a clear winner in our minds and luckily we choose the same one.
Still really like the patterned ones on the end so we think we may do the far right one in all three of our bathrooms.

It had snowed overnight so I got out there this morning and shoveled everything.
It took me a couple of hours but I didn't mind, such good exercise.

I did a thing though- my glasses kept fogging up so I took them off and put them in my front pocket, then when I bent one time to get a shovel full of snow, I heard a crunching sound.

Broke my glasses - bummer!

I don't think I've ever broken a pair of glasses in my life.
Luckily I had an older pair that I can wear until I get a new pair.

Once I finished the snow removal and Jason got back from his run, we told Kody to bring Freya on over, she was spending the night.
We were excited to show her the pony we'd picked up for her.

The reveal of Chestnut didn't generate as much as excitement as we'd hoped.

His stable ended up being a bigger hit than he was.

Testing Chestnut out for the first time (excuse the cleavage exposure).

She wanted to watch YouTube videos so we set her up with a phone and a snack.

Jason photobombing me again.
Looks like my mirror needs a cleaning again - I see lots of little fingerprints and smudges.

Side view.
I forgot to do a back view.

Freya asked if her friend could come over and by friend, she meant Hunter.
So I called Mel to see if he could come for a sleep over.
She said he would love to and dropped him off after she finished with her client.

He was far more excited over Chestnut than Freya was.
It went a bit slow for him but he still enjoyed it.

She just loves playing in the basement and wants to be down there all the time.

He was 'chasing' Freya and Jason.

Look, no hands!

After supper, they played video games for a bit, Hunter's favorite thing to do with Jason.

Trying out my new sneakers.

Let's dance Papa.

Huntie, dance.
She wanted Hunter to join them but he wasn't interested in dancing.

She loves to sit in that chair and have Jason carry her around and dance with her.

She'd have him do it all day long if she could.

We called it a day around 11, Hunter was getting tired and asking to go to bed.
He made a little nest at the end of our bed with all of our pillows and that's where he slept.
It did look pretty cozy.

A Memory popped up on Facebook from a curling bonspiel a few years back.
I'm kind of bummed that curling has been cancelled this year, miss seeing my team mates.

Inspiration picture.
I like the 'home' sign on top of the mantel.

Got most of these steps from shoveling snow.

That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment