Monday 25 January 2021

Shopping is Good for the Soul (Jan.22, 2021)

 We stayed at the Staybridge last night, the bed and the bedding are both comfortable.

It's the hotel we stay at most often when we come to the city.

Jason got ready to head out for a run this morning.
He tried on some of the new clothes he picked up last night - I love the sweater.
I had brought my gym stuff but I forgot that the gym was closed due to covid.
I wasn't really feeling running outside in the cold so I just resigned myself to hopping on the treadmill later today when we got home.

While he was out running, I looked at social media.
Someone posted this and it definitely struck a chord with me.
Oh if only!

We stopped into a flooring store we just happened to drive by and they had some good options.
They were very helpful too.
They gave us some samples to take home to try out.

We stopped at one more but they didn't have anything any better so we figured we saw enough for today.
We'll check them out at home and see if we like any of them and if not, we'll come back and look some more.

Normally we would have gone for ramen for a treat and even though you can order it to go, ramen is something I'd rather eat in the restaurant so we opted to go for shawarma's instead.

We found this place just off of 127th that we like, Pita Bake, so that's where we went.

We each ordered a chicken shawarma to go and ate them in the car.

Yum yum.

This place has the purple pickled turnip which we both love.

They also sell their garlic sauce as a side which is so delicious we just had to get that too.

We shared a fattoush salad, the dressing was extra vinegary which I love.

It was our cheat treat but I think all in all, it was a pretty healthy treat.

We stopped at Homesense to look for bluetooth headphones but I also had to check out the home decor aisle.
These are just a couple of cute things I saw that I thought I coulmake.

These book stacks seem to be all the rage lately.

I think they would be fairly easy to make.

This is cute and easy to make too.

On a whim I hit up the bedding store in the St Albert mall and ended up buying a new duvet cover.
I'm ready for a change in our room and I want something lighter and spring like.
This one both Jason and I agreed on so I got it.
Now that I'm looking at it - it has a lot of grey in it which I'm not crazy about so I think this may end up going back.

I also want to get a new duvet as well but couldn't afford both today.
They had tons of options but this one was our favorite - I didn't want to forget so next time we are in the city, I think I'll pop in and get the duvet.

We shopped until around 6 then we headed for home so it was just after 8 when we got home.

We saw something at Walmart that we could not resist.
Chestnut!
He was regular $300 on sale for $99 so we got it for Freya.
I think Hunter will enjoy it too.

Looks like Professor Snuggles has claimed it for himself.

Paddington wanted to share but PS wasn't having it.

The stare down!

They've decided to share albeit grudgingly on Professor Snuggles side.

I got lots of steps in today while shopping so I didn't end up having to jump on the treadmill.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment