Friday 15 January 2021

Making Being Active the New Norm (Jan.6, 2021)

I have had lots to do at work so far this year so that's good, I like it much better when I'm super busy.
Jason started days off today so he went out for a run then a walk to the store.
He was going to come for a walk with me at lunch too but got caught up chatting to some folks he ran into so I headed out for my walk at lunch by myself.

It was pretty nice out today - If this was as bad as winter got I would be totally ok with that.

I did jog a little on my walk but only a short distance and it felt hard for some reason today.

Jason really wanted to see Freya so he walked down there and picked her up.

They surprised me at my office window.

The window is covered in little nose marks from Professor Snuggles, this is his favorite place to sit and watch the world.

Just as I was finishing up work for the day, Freya fell asleep.
She looks even more adorable when she is sleeping.

Jason made taco soup for supper and it smelled amazing.
I had a cupful and it was delicious.
I got a few more bins of Christmas decorations packed up, I'm getting there!

I also got a page finished up in my goal book.

I wanted to have 52 things to get done, one per week for a year.

I ended up with a few more than that but that is ok - just means I have choices.
I have been working on decluttering and purging and it just feels so good!

I got my selfies taken for today.

I want to find a time lapse app where I can put them all together in chronological order to see the differance.

My backside.

I got this top at an airport a couple years back - it was on sale and is size XL but only fits me now.
I just took the tags off of it this morning.

I have something weird going on at my waste in this picture?

It is so weird how our minds work in relation to our bodies.
Some days I feel just as big as I ever was so these pictures help to remind me that I've come a long way.
Other days I feel like I'm doing great (I like those days) and I feel like I want to capture that feeling in a picture.

Overall, I must say that I feel so much better - I know I'm getting healthier and I have a ways to go still to reach my goal but I definitely feel like it is attainable and I believe in myself and know I am going to do it this time! 

I needed some more steps this evening so I did a Leslie Sansone walking video in the living room.
Kody had come over to have some soup and he did it a bit with me.

He's been feeling bad about putting on a little weight so I gave him my old fitbit.

We talked a bit about how good walking is for you and I want to encourage him as much as I can.
I feel like maybe I didn't give him the best tools growing up and I want to lead by example now with him and especially with Freya.

I want being active to just be something that is normal for her -  if she sees us doing it all the time, it will just be something normal to her - that is my hope anyway.

The price of oil has been going up a little so he and Adrien have been working almost every day this week and that right there will be so good for him.
I think he was getting depressed just sitting around the house all the time.

Freya wanted to sleep over and since Jason is off, we let her stay.
Hopefully her little nap earlier doesn't mean we are in for a super late night.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment