Friday 15 January 2021

The Snow Came Back (Jan.13, 2021)

After such a beautiful evening last night, it was a bummer to wake up to freshly fallen snow and lots of it.

I guess the silver lining was that it gave me an opportunity to get out there and get some activity in.

At lunch time, instead of going for a walk, I shoveled our steps, walkway, driveway and sidewalk.
It took me almost an hour and 20 minutes so a bit over my lunch hour.
I didn't realize I'd been out there so long but I got lots of steps in.

Haylee posted a little video of Freya, she was saying 'I'm super hero".
I don't have a link to the video to share but thought this little screen shot of it would get the point across.
She is just so darn cute.

I worked a little late to make up for the extra time I used at lunch shoveling then I decided to walk to the store just to get the rest of my steps in.
I took my daily selfies first though.

Front view.

Side View

Back view.

Then Mel and the kids dropped by to bring Jason's Christmas gift over.
They went in with Mom and Dad and got him a scroll saw but it just came in the mail today.
We chatted for a bit - she is getting lonely for company too - we are all looking forward to the day when things get back to normal and we can visit our friends, go out to a movie, eat dinner in a restaurant, you know, normal things that we took for granted this time last year.

It was a bit windy out on my walk and colder than what I've been treated to lately but it wasn't all bad.
When I got home, I got busy cooking up supper.

I made coleslaw, roasted vegetables and chicken breast.
It was pretty darn good.

I was searching for sliding barn door hardware, I think I'd like to put one over our pantry.
I have a curtain up there right now on a tension rod but it keeps falling down and it's driving me crazy.


A WW member posted this Big Mac Salad recipe and I'm totally going to try it.
I've made a version before and it was really good.

I saw this sign for sale on Facebook and just thought it was so funny.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment