Wednesday 6 January 2021

Merry Christmas - The Big Day is Here! (Dec.25, 2020)

Merry Christmas - the big day has arrived. 

Looks like Santa found us.

Jason and I were up early, before everyone else so I made myself a coffee and finished watching It's a Wonderful Life.

We have a couple of excited boys here this morning.

They wasted no time tearing into their stockings.

My beautiful sister.
The hat is a perfect match which was a total fluke.
She is rocking it!

This is just the start - wait until everyone else gets here.

Declan wrapped this present himself - did a great job!

They did their own tags too - love it.

Mom was happy to just watch everyone open gifts.

Paddington was happy to just nap - like always.
I don't think he cared about the gift opening at all.

I was stoked to finally have a slice of the meat pie I made.
It is a Christmas morning tradition.
I add molasses to mine and it was sooo worth the wait.
I had two slices!

Freya got up a little later than the boys and she was excited to get to opening presents.

Her current favorite - Kinder Eggs!

We called Kody and Haylee to let them know that Freya was awake and they came right over.
Freya got tired of opening presents pretty quickly so Haylee took over for her.

And I got to have lots of cuddles.
Check her out, two bubbas at once, a milk one and a water one.

My brother and his family showed up next - the kids opened up their gifts from Pepe (my dad).

Dad sent everyone money and Hunter was just in awe of that 100 dollar bill.

Alivia was pretty happy with hers too!

Adrien & Mel watching while the kids open gifts.

Hunter wasn't that excited about getting clothing, what 5 year old boy is?

Mom got Haylee this nice star.
She got each of us a new Christmas decoration - mine was actually a Christmas blanket that is so soft - I love it.

The boys were happy to have more gifts to open.

Jason spent a lot of the morning talking to his mom and brother getting updates on his dad.
It turns out that there is no internal damage - he did fracture his pelvic bone but they are going to release him and he will heal at home.

He does need a walker though and you can't get one today seeing as it is Christmas so Jason is thinking he will drive into the city tomorrow and pick him up from the hospital then drive him home.
Freya as you can see wanted to just be with him all morning.
They were heading over to Haylee's moms place though to spend time with Haylee's family so she did eventually have to go.

It gave Jason a chance to open a few gifts.
His big gift I ordered didn't arrive which I was kind of bummed about but I gave him a picture of it at least so he knows that it is coming.

Morgan and I went in together and bought Adrien a Yoda lego set (wow lego is so expensive).
I think he liked it!

Morgan and Tanner arrived a bit later but we waited to open some presents with them.

She bought me this little jackelope and I love it.

She made everyone in the family these ornaments too - I think they turned out great.
She is really turning into quite the little crafter.

We had a lovely dinner - Jason cooked a turkey and a ham.

Mel, Adrien and Hunter.

Ethan, Alivia and Declan.

Jennifer.

Jason and I.

I tried to get one of everyone at the table together but Hunter would not look.
Oh well - got everyone else!

Kody, Haylee and Freya came back in the evening and she was so happy to see all the kids, especially Hunter.

We were super happy to have them back.

We got to have some more cuddle time which is our favorite.

Kody and Haylee were able to have some supper too.
They said that had a lot of fun with the hoverboard at her mom's.
Everyone gave it a try, even her grandma.
She said Zepplyn took to it like a duck to water, she was a little pro.

Singing Christmas carols.
She is really good at remembering lyrics to songs.

Haylee posted a picture of her and Freya that I thought was pretty cute.

Morgan posted some pictures too.
Her and Tanner.

Her and mom when they went to check out the Christmas tree house.

This was Freya visiting her at work.

Frank in his Christmas outfit.
Doesn't he look thrilled?

The gnomes I made for she and Tanner.

All in all it was a wonderful Christmas - I love having the family all together, that was my favorite part.
Hope everyone else had a wonderful Christmas as well.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment