Monday 25 January 2021

Off to the City We Go! (Jan.21, 2021)

 We had a pretty late night last night so I was kind of tired when I got up for work this morning.

It's well worth it though to wake up to this little face.

Her mama came and picked her up before lunch - we were sad to see her go but she'll stay again on the weekend.

It was super cold out there today so at lunch time I opted to hop on the treadmill instead of facing the cold.
I was able to jog most of the time at 4.0 and higher which I felt good about.

Got my 12,000 steps in now anything from here is icing on the cake!

Got the selfies out of the way too while I was ticking things off the to do list.
Front view.

Side view.

Back view.

Jason is going to buy me a sewing machine for Christmas and we are heading into the city after work today so I thought I'd do a little research.
These are some of the ones that looked good.

I'm not sure if I need something computerized but I wouldn't mind giving one a try.

I'm also considering getting a serger.
I've always wanted to learn how to use one - maybe this will be the year.

After I finished up work for the day, we packed our bags and headed to the city.
I was so excited to be getting away somewhere even though we can't eat out or go to a movie or anything it will still be nice to look at some different scenery.

We are going to do some renovations in the kitchen so the plan was to look at flooring to see what was available for options.

We stopped at Giant Tiger in Westlock and I got a couple of tops.
We also stopped at the grocery store there and I found raw mixed nuts and almonds on sale and bought some.
Likely a big mistake, nuts are my kryptonite.

When we got to the city, it was late but we were able to check out Lowe's before it closed.
We are going to paint the kitchen cupboards and install new hardware and we both like this look.

+
I also have a cupboard that I want to turn into a drawer so we were checking out the hardware for doing that.

When we got to the hotel I had some roast chicken and pineapple for a snack.
Plus I got into the nuts which I knew was a mistake but I did anyway.

I knew it!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment