Thursday 14 January 2021

Welcome 2021 (Jan.1, 2021)

I wanted to weigh in first thing today even though it isn't my official weigh in day, just so I would know where I started out at the beginning of the year. 

202.6 lbs

That's pretty much most of the Christmas weight I put on gone so I'm feeling good about that.

I weighed in on my new scale too and there was a slight difference.

I'm going to switch to using this one from now on.

I also did the other measurements that this scale does as well.

I tried to snap a shot of each number but that didn't work so I just took a video then took screen shots.

I won't measure this stuff every week, maybe once a month or so.

The numbers aren't that important but just thought they would be interesting to kind of loosely track.

This is BMI (Body Mass Index)

BM which is Bone Mass

BW which is percentage of water.

And finally, MM which is Muscle Mass

It also measures BF or percentage Body Fat as well which I somehow missed getting a screen shot of.


I've been contemplating lots of things over the last couple days as is normal at this time of year I think, but one of the things was my blog and how I refer to people.

When I first started to blog, I didn't really tell anyone so I didn't really feel comfortable using their names without their knowledge.

Fast forward a few years and my friends and family all know that I write the blog and that they are in it so I've decided going forward to just start using their names.

I thought the first day of a new year would be a great opportunity to make that change.

There still might be the odd person that I might not feel like I should use their name but for the most part that won't be the case.

So without further ado...

Jason (My Honey) was off to work today so I spent the morning cuddling with Freya (Baby F) and hanging out with Alivia (Miss A) and Hunter (Mr H).

Man does she ever love milk!

We did a video chat with Jason and Freya picked this filter which we both thought was hilarious.

OMG - I was so cracked up.

Finally convinced her to have something other than milk - noodles!

She was putting them in her hand to cool them off before eating them but they didn't quite all make it in her hands or her mouth but she still ate a good amount so I was happy with that.
I didn't even mind the mess I had to clean up afterwards.

I was feeling good so I took a selfie.

It was a pretty chill day.
The kids watched tv mainly.
Look at Freya cuddling up on Hunter, so precious.
She just loves him and he's good with her too.

She even gave him kisses.

Giving her cousin some 💗

Alivia was busy playing on the tablet most of the day.

Still sitting together watching tv.

He was really anxious for Jason to get home so that they could play some video games together.

She wanted a hat so I unearthed this fun one I'd gotten for myself in Vegas years ago.

It kept falling off though.

So she just sat on it (why not)?

I spent a lot of the day running up and down the stairs putting Christmas things away and doing laundry etc.. so I put quite a few steps on but still needed some more to reach my 12,000+ for the day.

So when Jason got home from work, he kept the kiddos busy and I hopped on the treadmill and knocked out the rest of my steps.

I jogged for most of it so got my sweat on pretty good.

One of my New Years goals (which I will write about later in the post) is to take selfies of myself everyday.
For comparison and for motivation.
So I did that.
This is the front view.

The side view.
I took these in the basement bathroom but I it isn't the most flattering and it's awkward to try to get the right angle so from now on I'll take these in the mirror in the living room.

I wanted to just compare how I looked in Jan.2020 vs today so here it is.
I can definitely see the difference in my face, it's thinned out and looks so much better.
The best part though is how much better I feel and I'm not done yet!

This memory popped up on Facebook that I thought I would share.
It is from 2018 when we spent New Years in Portland, Oregon (I love it there), we visited the Pecullarium on New Year's Day - it was a neat spot.

My niece Morgan bought me this tiered shelf for Christmas and I just love it.

Now that the Christmas stuff is being put away, I was looking for ideas on what to display in it.
I found this inspiration.

I've also still been looking at bullet journaling ideas and came across this idea which I love and may do.

This time of year always has me reflecting on the year past and planning for the upcoming one.
You know, coming up with resolutions or goals, whatever you want to call them.

Resets, refreshes, they are always kind of exciting to me.

You know when you get a new scribbler or notebook, the feeling of possibilities you get when you first open it.
It's clean and fresh - perfect!
No mistakes or flaws, just a blank slate that can become anything.
It's so exciting.

I still get that feeling now when I get a new notebook and I also kind of feel the same way on the start of a new fresh day, week, month or year.

The feeling is just amplified when it's the big ones, like the start of a new year on Jan.1 or on your birthday because anything is possible.
Not that you can't restart, refresh, renew anytime but these dates are just more significant for some reason.

I am sitting here reflecting about what I managed to accomplish in 2020 and what I want to accomplish in 2021.

Social media has been flooded recently with memes about how awful 2020 was and how happy everyone is to see it go and I guess that has truth to it on some levels .
2020 brought us the Covid pandemic, Black Lives Matter riots resulting in destruction and lives lost , it brought us killer hornets and a declining economy, so many horrible things.

Personally though, most of those things did not affect me directly.
Neither Jason nor my jobs were affected, we have both continued to be employed which I am thankful for.

I did have to work from home for a few months but I am grateful that I had that option.
I have watched family and friends including my son and brothers struggle through with very little work which was tough to watch but they have managed to make it through.

We weren't able to travel and that was the biggest change for us. But that allowed us to spend more time at home with family and completing projects around the house that we've been wanting to do for years.

2020 brought great things too, mainly a shift to a healthier lifestyle for both Jason and I.
After working home for almost two months and just eating everything in sight and getting larger and larger, I decided to join WW.

I've done it in the past, I know it works if I follow the plan.

I asked Jason to join with me, not because I thought he needed to, but for moral support and because he does a lot of the cooking around here and I wanted him to kind of understand the points and how they work.

I started on April 22 and since then, we have both lost 70+ pounds and we are still going.
We are both much healthier because of it.
We've become more active and we both feel more energetic and just overall so much better.

I've also completed a few of the goals I set for myself in my 50x50 goals book.

Jason and I watched all of the Harry Potter movies.

I got 10,000+ steps in every day except one (still a win in my books).

I got a lot of purging done, I donated at least 4 giant bags of clothing.

I am not completely debt free yet but I was able to pay off almost $5000.00 of debt which feels wonderful.

We got to travel to some new places for us, Charleston, South Carolina and Savannah, Georgia before the travel restrictions started.

We got to go on a wonderful family vacation in Invermere, BC which I thoroughly enjoyed.

We got to go canoeing in a gorgeous lake in Revelstoke.

I reread all the Anne of Green Gable books.

We started having Freya for sleepovers every weekend and have been spending a ton of time with her.

Honestly, 2020 brought more good things than bad.

So now, onto 2021.

Not everyone is into resolutions but I am.
I'd rather call them goals but whatever you call them, I think they are important.
I like to have something to try to work toward and achieve.
Maybe it is the list make in me?
It just feels so good to write up a list of goals and then check them off when I complete them.

I do really want to make sure that I pick goals that are important to me.
So here goes, my goals for 2021:

- get 12,000+ steps per day, every day for the whole year
-take selfies every day to track progress and for motivation
-reach my goal weight, 136.5 lbs which is half of my starting weight
-pay off at least another $5000.00 of debt
-start training to run a marathon

There are also some projects that I want to complete this year:
-kitchen reno - paint walls & cupboards, install new floors
-bedroom refresh - paint walls, get headboard and new dresser
-garage - clean, purge, organize

Hopefully we can start doing some travelling again but if not, that will be ok too.

Of course there are other things that I want to accomplish but these are the main things that I'm really going to focus on for 2021.

So Happy New Year everyone, wishing health and happiness to all!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment