Wednesday 13 January 2021

Some Final Family Time Before Our Visitors Head Home (Dec.29, 2020)

I weighed in again this morning just because I was so shocked yesterday and I just wanted to really keep tabs on it. 

I am still up but not as much as yesterday's weigh in so that makes me feel a bit better.
Still time to get back at it though - the weight can just pile back on so quickly, it's kind of scary.
I don't want all my hard work over the last 8 months to just go down the drain.
This is the time that I am going to do it and reach my goal (half of my initial weight) so back on track I go.

My sister and I watched a couple episodes of Bridgerton this morning.
It is soo good.

It has some racy scenes though so we had to turn it off when the kids came up.

I think she was enjoying making a mess with the cheesies more than actually eating them.

Singing her own version of Baa Baa Black Sheep.

It was a nice day out there today so we met Mel and Adrien and the kids over at the hill to go sledding again.
It was much nicer weather for it today.

I walked over to meet them and everyone was sledding away when I got there.

Hunter was playing on the hill, not really sledding.

Kody, Haylee and Freya were there too.

Even Zepplyn and Crystal were there.

It was so nice to get out and enjoy the fresh air.

Freya wasn't that interested in sledding down the hill, but she was having fun.

Zepplyn on the other hand was all about sledding.

She wanted everyone to take a turn going down with her.

Pretty impressive run!
She even convinced me to go down a few times with her.

After spending a couple hours at the hill, we headed home.
Jen and the boys head home tomorrow so everyone was coming over for supper tonight.
Jason was on his way back home from his parents so he was stopping and picking up Kentucky Fried Chicken on his way.

Everyone kind of arrived in waves and we had the chicken and lots of snacks.
I tried to put out as much of the junky stuff I still had around the house because I want it gone!

Some of us played this Blockbuster Video game that Rob got for the family.

It was fun, you would get three cards with the name of a movie on them and the point was to try to get your team to guess the movies.

You had to pick how you were going to get them to guess each one and there were three options,
one was giving a one word clue, one was quoting a line from the movie (you could make it up if you wanted to) and the third way was to act it out.
It was a lot of fun.

While we were playing the game, Mel was getting in some cuddle time with Paddington.
He is such a little love bug.

Zepplyn had come over too and she was playing games on Freya's new tablet - she has one too so she is an old pro on it.

Even though Adrien wasn't playing the game with us, he would shout out the odd answer here and there.

Rob was kind of playing from the sidelines too.

Ethan and his ketchup chips - he lives off those things.
I remember loving them as a kid too.

Jason joined in on the game a bit too.
His dad is doing very well.
He is in a bit of pain but he is managing to get around a bit and he is on the mend.

Since it was our last night all together, we decided to take some pictures.
All the siblings together with Mom.

Mom and the first batch of grandkids 😁

Then Mom with the next generation of grandkids.
Freya is missing because she had fallen asleep.

It would have been nice if we could have gotten a picture with everyone but we should have thought of it sooner and arranged for someone to take it for us.

It was nice to all be together for Christmas and we got to spend lots of family time together which is what the season is all about in my mind so it was wonderful.

Some Facebook memories from Christmas 2016 popped up that I thought I would share.

Look how little the kids are - they've grown up so much since then.

Awww, Ethan and Declan were just babies - they are practically adults now.

After everyone went home and the boys went to bed, Jen and I watched some more Bridgerton.
We have only one episode left to watch, hopefully we will have time in the morning to watch it before we head in to Edmonton.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment