Wednesday 13 January 2021

So Long 2020 (Dec.31, 2020)

The first thing I did when I got up this morning was watch the final episode of Bridgerton.

It was so good, I highly recommend it.

It is the last day of the year, time to reflect on the year and plan for the new one.

Adrien & Mel asked if I could watch the kiddos for the night as their sitter they had lined up fell through and I said yes of course.

They were going to Slave Lake to go ice fishing for a couple of nights.


So when the kids got there, I convinced them to go for a walk so I could get a few steps in.
Hunter was off in the lead.

We stopped at the store for some treats and checked the mail.
I had a couple parcels so Alivia was kind enough to carry one home for me.

It was grey out there but actually pretty nice otherwise.

I let them each spend $10.00 at the store and Hunter spent all of his money on treats.
Kinder Eggs were on sale so he got a couple of those.

Alivia had a harder time making a decision on what she wanted and in the end only spent 5 bucks so I told her I'd give her the other 5 when we got home so she was pretty happy about that.

Kody and Haylee ended up deciding to go out, I mean it is New Years Eve after all, so I told them to bring Freya over and she could spend the night too.

When she got there, she immediately wanted to watch Baby Shark so that's what she did.

It was a pretty quiet evening, the kids watched movies and I looked up bullet journaling ideas.
I want to get working on my goals book again but I needed a little inspiration.

We didn't even make it to midnight this year but I'm fine with that.

Some memories popped up on Facebook that I thought I would share.

New Year's Eve 2015.
We spent a couple nights in the city and did a double night of double header movies.
So we saw two movies in a row, two nights in a row and it was a great way to ring in the New Year.

These ones are from Dec.31, 2016.
We spent the day sledding at the town hill.
Hunter was so itty bitty.

Jen and the boys were here that year too - Declan pulling his sled back up the hill.
Just look at those rosy little cheeks.

In 2016, we were in Las Vegas for New Year's Eve.
We spent the day visiting museums that Jason had picked out.
First was the National Atomic Testing Museum.
I never would have thought such a place existed but it was actually kind of interesting.

Next stop was the Neon Boneyard Park.

We had a tour guide take a group of us around and kind of give us the details about some of the signs and the park.

There were some pretty cool signs.

I'm glad someone had the foresight to keep them and not just chuck them.

It was actually a bit on the chilly side that day but we still really enjoyed the museum.

These old signs are so neat.

Stardust.

This duck one was one of my favorites.

We ran into Elvis on our way back to the car - where else would that happen but in Vegas right?

Some memes for fun.

This about sums up the general consensus for how 2020 went.
Truth be told, aside from not being able to travel, it was a pretty good year for me.

% YES!

You are the author of your own book!

Ha ha - this one just made me laugh.
If you've ever stepped on a random piece of lego I am sure you would agree!

Yup!

Well that is a wrap for 2020.
I walked 10,000+ steps every single day except one, Dec.3, I'm still pretty happy with myself though.
My new goal for this year is to walk 12,000+ steps each day and I know I can do it.

I have a few other goals as well but I'll write about those tomorrow.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment