Wednesday 7 October 2020

Thanksgiving Dinner with the Fam Jam (Oct.4, 2020)

We got up early this morning and decided to head out and get some activity in first thing.

We were having everyone over for Thanksgiving dinner so it was bound to be a busy day.

My Honey hopped on his bike and I put on my running shoes and we headed out to each do our own thing.

I saw some beautiful trees on my walk.
This one is just gorgeous.

I love how this one had reds, yellows, oranges and greens.
So lovely.
Lots of places have their Halloween decorations out and I love it.
I wish the weather would stay this nice for the kiddos for Halloween which thankfully has NOT been cancelled due to Covid.

I jogged the section down the hill that I've done a couple times now.
It makes me get my sweat on that's for sure.
A few more times then I might try to add another jogging section to my walk.

My Honey stopped at the store while out on his bike ride and was surprised to see that they have PB2.
We always look for it every where we go and it's so hard to find.
He picked up 4 of them!

When I got home from my walk, I whipped up this Kraft Banana Sour Cream cake.
It's my brother A's birthday this week and it's his favorite so we'll have it with supper.
We've been making this cake for years and it's a big hit with the family!

Then I got the stuff out to decorate the 5 pumpkins I had ready to go.
Paddington was trying to help me?

He got right up there on all the flowers and was rolling around.
Little bugger!

He's so cute though, how could you get angry?

I got them all done and ready to be displayed at the store.

Next I started working on a burlap wreath.
I'm going to make this one for Miss H.
I found these wreath frames at the dollar store for 1.25 each .
I paid 5.00 each for the ones I got at Christmas to make the girls wreaths so I was stoked.
I got 10 of them.

My Honey also cut some wood slices for me so I was able to get these trees finished up.

My son brought Baby F for a visit.

I got her some cheesies and an apple juice and put on some Peppa Pig for her.

What comfort!

I iced the cake for my brother and I offered her the spoon when I was done but she didn't want it.
Then My Honey was working on supper and looked over and saw this.

He called me out and I caught red handed (or should I say white handed)?

😂😂😂
She managed to test out a good chunk of it.

I got her to sit with me and we played on the tablet until everyone came over.
We made cookies with cookie monster.

Some of my crew.

A few more that didn't fit into the first picture.
My SIL, M and Miss A didn't make it over, Miss A wasn't feeling well.

I used to have so much trouble getting him to smile for pictures but not anymore!

Baby F and Mr H just adore each other so wanted to sit together.
It's so sweet.

I saw her at one point wrap her little arms around him and exclaim 'I Love You H'
My heart melted right there!

Time for cake.
Mr H helped his dad blow out the candles then I lit them again so Baby F could have a turn.

Chilling with mom.

My Honey is the best.
He cooked up the whole meal, turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, veggies, stuffing and sweet potato ravioli.
I had a little bit of everything and it was delicious.

Everyone was able to take home leftover plus we still had more for us!

A few more pictures popped up in my memories on Facebook from our trip to London in 2015.

We went on a bus tour of the city.

The architecture in the city is so beautiful.

Lots of people out and about in Picadilly Circus.
Did I mention how much I love the names of things here?

The London Eye.

St Paul's Cathedral.
This is where Charles and Diana were married.
I was a huge Diana fan when I was a little girl, still am.

I loved all the pubs, they were on every corner.

Tower of London.

We sure lucked out with the weather when we were there.

The Traitors entrance to the tower,

Lots of people call this London Bridge but it's actually the Tower Bridge.

We did go under the actual London Bridge.
It wasn't as fancy but still really cool.

Shakespeare Globe Theatre.

The Millennium Bridge seen in the Harry Potter movies.

Cleopatra's Needle.

The London Eye again - we never did go on it.

My Honey with Big Ben there in the background.

The Thames River.
We actually did the boat ride on the river on both of our trips.
I love going on a boat and will do it any chance I get.

Westminster Abbey.
We went inside for a tour on our second trip to London.

We tried Pot Pie for supper, it was pretty good.

I just love my dolls!

This looks good, think I'm going to give it a try!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment