Wednesday 21 October 2020

Six Months In (Oct.19, 2020)

 Weigh in day.

I was 212.0 lbs this morning.

That's a 1.2 lb loss since last week and a total of 61 lbs since I started.
I started on April 23rd so it's basically been 6 months.
That puts me right around 10 lbs per month which I think is awesome!

I took the day off today to head into the city.
We have an appointment to get a block heater but in our vehicle and we are going to do some shopping.

First stop when we hit the city was Homesense.
I wanted to get towels for my niece but couldn't find what I wanted.
All their Christmas stuff is coming out and I love looking at it all.
This would be so easy to make.

This as well, it's just a little wooden crate - I think I might get My Honey to whip me up a few.

Another easy pot creation.
The pots are cheap at the dollar store and I have tons of ribbon.
If only I could just stay home and craft all day long.

We decided to have our favorite treat today while we were in the city.
Ramen.
It is our third time going for ramen since we started WW but the other two places we tried weren't as good as this one so we just had to go back here.

We had to wait to be seated but we didn't mind.

Black garlic Tonkotsu ramen - so delicious.
I love that they have lots of toppings to chose from too.
I added corn, fried garlic and bean sprouts.
Today was the closest I ever came to finishing the whole bowl.

After we ate, we headed over to the Mitsubishi dealer to drop off the car.
They don't have a courtesy shuttle anymore but they do offer Uber service and it was going to be a couple hours so we headed over to Kingsway mall.

My niece wanted me to order some Skechers for her but when I went to place the order, it said that due to Covid, there would be a delay in the delivery so they had no idea when they would arrive.
So I wanted to see if I could find them right at the Skechers store instead.
They didn't have exactly what she wanted so I sent her pictures of similar items.

She liked both and they had a sale on today, buy one, get the second one half price, so she lucked out.

I also noticed these beauties and they were on sale so I couldn't resist and bought them for myself.
I think I have a shoe problem.

I was on the hunt for a winter coat today but didn't really find anything that I loved.

When we headed back over to pick up the car, it had started snowing.
We had a few more stops to make, like at Lucky 97 so My Honey could get some chili oil, he was just about out.

We left the city and stopped in Westlock to grab a propane heater for the garage.
I checked out Giant Tiger for a winter coat but no luck.

It was snowing on the drive home and a bit slippery so we took it slow.
It ended up being 8:30 when we got home.
We got the block heater installed just in time, I think it's going to be a cold one tonight!

I'd used up all my points on ramen today but since we'd eaten so early, I was totally having the munchies.
I had some popcorn, some clementines and a coffee (decaf) then I figured I'd better just head to bed before I used up all my weekly points on the first day I got them!

I follow Sentimental Salvage & Design on Facebook and she had this cute little snowman that she made posted.
She has a store in Myrnam, AB which My Honey and I took a drive out to last summer.
She offers a bunch of classes that all look so good but it's just so far away that I can't attend any.
Maybe next summer!

These little cuties caught my eye too.
They were posted on 'the countrydoor' on Instagram.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment