Monday 12 October 2020

Happy Belated Birthday to Me! (Oct.9, 2020)

BH, SV and I all took the day off today from work to head to the city with NCT to celebrate my birthday.

Only 6 months late but we couldn't go in April due to Covid and this is the first chance that we've had.

I was really looking forward to it.

 

I got up when My Honey left for work and got in the treadmill for 20 minutes.

I wanted to get a head start on my steps for the day.

I didn't get a huge amount but it did feel good.


Our first stop when we hit the city was Cora's for breakfast.

We had to wear masks in but were able to take them off when we sat down.

I skipped the hashbrowns that came with my veggie omelet and got a plate of tomatoes instead.

Cora does a pretty good job on making breakfast look pretty.

I stopped to get the crack in the windshield filled.
He said that it was on the large side so he wasn't sure how well he'd be able to fill it but he gave it a try.
It didn't fill in completely but he thinks it will hold.

We stopped at Homesense and I found a lamp for my niece Miss M.
Mom wanted to get her a house warming gift and this was something that she wanted.

We shopped all day then for supper we went to The Canadian Brewhouse.
NCT & SV

BH and I.

We had a cheese/spinach dip for an appetizer.
I tried one with the bread and had a couple of the chips with the salsa.
It was good.

I ordered a kale bowl.
It had quinoa, beets, pumpkin seeds, chicken and tahini sauce.
It was a little one note on the flavor but I ate every last bite.

The girls had cinnamon doughnut stick poutine.
I tried a couple, they were pretty good.

They also had the chocolate cake which I also tasted.
It was rich and decadent and the most chocolatey thing ever.
It was fantastic.

We had a really great day.
We dropped NCT off at her friend's place that lives in St Albert then we headed back to the hills.
We got there around 10 pm.
Pretty full day.

Oh yeah, and this happened.
I fit into a size 16 today.

I tried a couple pair on a whim and they pulled on and did up with absolutely no problem!
I was so proud of myself.

They looked good too so I bought them!
Going to wear them to BH's birthday party that is coming up in a couple of weeks.

The grey is coming back, soon time for a dye job again.

This girl right here used to wear a size 22 and today she wears a size 16!!!
Woo Hoo!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment