Thursday 29 October 2020

Scary News with a Happy Outcome! (Oct.29, 2020)

I was feeling really good today so I had to take some selfies.

This is another new top I picked up for under $10.00.
My plan was to wear it to BH's birthday celebration but my niece, Miss M, thought it would look better with leggings than with jeans so I took her advice and wore another shirt.

I also picked up some leggings and I think they look not too bad.

Bathroom selfies are kind of awkward but whatever.
It will be good to have some more comparison pictures.

My Honey weighed in this morning, Wednesday's are his weigh in days, and he was down .5 lbs.
We are both doing so well and we feel awesome!

I noticed that my niece commented on this post her friend made that she's been wanting these forever.
So I checked them out on Amazon to see if I could maybe order them for her for Christmas.
They are pretty far out of my budget range for now but maybe sometime down the road I'll surprise her with them!

I had a busy morning full of meetings again.
While in one of my meetings, I saw that my Aunt B was trying to call.
Then she sent a message for me to call her asap.
As soon as I saw that my heart sank because I knew something must have happened to someone.

I called as soon as my meeting was over and sure enough, my Uncle G had been in a car accident.
She didn't know much but that he was in rough shape and they weren't sure if he was going to be ok or not.

I asked her to get back to me as soon as they knew anything else.
I planned on letting my mom know at lunch time and hoped I'd be able to give her some better news.

She did call me back just before lunch to let me know that he was going to be ok.
He was really sore but nothing broken so that was good news.
I told her she should call my Mom since she'd likely be up now and let her know so she did.

I ended up working partially into my lunch hour and I had another meeting booked right after lunch so instead of going home, I went to the store to grab something to eat.

Then, because it had turned into such a beautiful day and I didn't want to miss out on that, I stopped at the park and did a few laps around the pathway there.
I was the first one to tread on the freshly fallen snow.

It was +6 out and everything was just melting away which was music to my ears.

Even my shadow is happy!

I had a couple meetings in the afternoon then because I hadn't gotten out this morning for a walk and it was still so nice out, I headed out for another walk.

The snow is going down some - it wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit if it went away entirely!

I noticed this today on our windshield, Bugger!
We had a rock hit the windshield on the other side so I made sure that I got it filled so it wouldn't spread then this appears on the drivers side and I have no idea how it even got started.
It doesn't even look like it was from a rock hit, it's right from the edge of the windshield.

Sentimental Salvage & Design posted a few things they have on sale in their shop and I love this barn so much.
It's in Myrnam, AB and I wish it wasn't so far away - she always has nice stuff!

She also had these cute barn stars.

I stopped by to have a visit with Baby F after work but she was napping.
She did wake up but came out and went right back to sleep on Mommy's lap.
Poor dear isn't feeling well again.
I hate seeing her sick.
Hopefully she is feeling better right away.

I met My Honey at the store and we picked up something for supper.
We had pork chops and an Everything Bagel salad.

I was talking to another Aunt this evening for an update on my Uncle G, Auntie A.
She said that he had actually been sent home from the hospital so that was wonderful news.

She said that his legs have been bothering him for a long time now and it's affecting his sleep.

That reminded me that BH had been talking about this drink she purchased, it had Quinine in it which apparently helps with Restless Leg Syndrome.

She gave some to SV to try since she has that Restless Leg Syndrome so I thought maybe it would help my Uncle.

So I texted BH to find out the actual drink and this is it.
I guess this particular brand has the highest levels of quinine in it that you can get in Tonic Water.
Auntie A is going to let him know about it so hopefully it helps.

I finally finished book 4 in the Harry Potter series tonight.
I might read something else before I start book 5 just to switch things up a bit.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment