Friday 23 October 2020

Happy 50th BH! (Oct.22, 2020)

Can I be tired of winter already when it isn't even really technically winter yet?

 

Yes I can.
But I didn't let a little cold stop me from getting out and getting a walk in this morning.

Today was BH's 50th birthday.
She was back to work and I think she liked her festive office decor.
SG had covered her desk in hole punch papers so it was a bit of a mess to clean up but how good is a party if there is no mess to clean up afterwards?

We went out for lunch to celebrate.
SV & SG.

Me and the birthday girl!

I had a turkey bacon club for lunch, it was pretty good too.
I skipped the fries and had a salad on the side instead.

I needed more steps when I got home so I just walked in place and did squats in the living room until I got them all.

My Insurance company ended up taking out a payment that was much more than they told me it would be so I had to call them and I was on hold for 2 hours before somebody even answered.
By the time they did answer, I was feeling very frustrated and furious.
They of course explained it away but I'm just fed up so I called a few other places and I think I'm going to switch insurance companies even though I've been with these guys for over 20 years.
Loyalty means nothing these days.

I had an FCSS meeting tonight and we were ordering in supper so I headed over there at 6:30.
I was there early so the FCSS Director and I had a nice chat before the others arrived.
A few other board members called in because they couldn't make it and the meeting went pretty well I thought.

We ate supper after the meeting.
I had ordered a Greek salad with a chicken breast up on top.
It was super good.

We stayed around and chatted for a while after the meeting discussing all the things that are going on currently like covid, government budget cuts, oil prices and lay offs at the waste treatment plant.
Everything seems kind of dire and all that on top of my dealings with the insurance company today got me into kind of a funk.
I felt like crying when I got home and for no particular reason, just everything combined I guess.
So I had a decaf coffee for a treat and just headed to bed.
Tomorrow will be better!
Not a game I enjoy but I have played it lots of times!

I saw this on Facebook and I love it.
Going to try to make one!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!





No comments:

Post a Comment