Thursday 22 October 2020

Impromptu Painting Session (Oct.20, 2020)

I am so not ready for it to be winter.

If only we could have a little more fall but alas, I think winter is here to stay.

My Honey walked down to meet me for a walk this morning.
It was chilly but we dressed for it and it was fine.
It feels so good to get out and get some fresh air.

After work, Baby F came over for a visit.
She wanted to do the Dinosaur Stomp dance.

So serious!

NCT had dropped by after work to use our projector at the office to draw a few things and she also had some candles she had painted that she didn't like the flame part on so she wanted me to doctor them up for her.

I was gathering all my supplies and taking them to the kitchen so I would be ready for when Baby F left but somebody kind of got into them while I wasn't looking.

So impromptu paint night it was.

I didn't even get the chance to cover her clothes so I'm afraid they've been ruined.
I tried soaking them but the paint doesn't seem to be coming out.

She had fun though so what's one little shirt?

I had some canvases on hand and she just went to town.

She had a very particular method that she followed.

She also figured Papa needed a little color too.

Her work.
Canvas #1

#2

#3
She actually spread the color out really nicely, it isn't just a muddy mess.
I think I might frame them and hang them in my office.

We had to put her in the tub after that to get her cleaned up.
Luckily she had a change of clothes in her diaper bag.

The we cuddled on the couch.
She likes to have the blankie on her when she sits on the couch - takes after her Grandma there for sure.
I ALWAYS have a blanket on me if I'm sitting on the couch.

Playing the bug squashing game again.

Papa help her and Paddington came over too to check things out.

We picked up this little Bee costume for her in the city and we were able to convince her to try it on to show her Daddy when he came back to pick her up.

Cutest little bee I ever did see!

Her mom wants her to be something scary for Halloween so she'll likely just have this for playing.

After she went home, I got busy on those candles.
I added some different shades of yellows, oranges and red to the flames to make them look more realistic.
Then I also did some shading and highlighting on the candle stick itself.
I'll let them dry and do the other side tomorrow.

I went out to our wood stash and found some pieces for My Honey to cut into houses for me, also going to try making a couple of gnomes.
I got a stain on all of them and then tomorrow night I am going to paint white over top so I can sand them back after and have some of the stain show through.

Everyone should have a pair of Love Glasses!

I saw these on this Instagram page do_dodson_designs.
They are gorgeous, I'm so going to try to make one.

This made me laugh so much - wonder how many peoples credit this ruined?

😂😂😂😂😂


Well that is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment