I had a terrible night last night.
My mind was racing all night and I just couldn't get to sleep at all.
I sometimes wish I could just turn my mind off but I can't.
I finally gave up around 2 and went back downstairs to watch tv hoping it would put me to sleep because it sometimes does.
It didn't do the trick - I did doze off a bit and I think all in all I got about 2 hours of sleep.
Surprisingly though, I wasn't feeling terrible today.
The sods were delivered right around 9.
Before we could get started, we had to drive to Jen's work to pick up a roller Jen's co-worker was lending her to do the lawn.
It was between 9:30 and 10 when we got back to the house and got started.
This is the before picture.
Neither of us has ever done this before but Jen had done some research so we just went for it.
We got through the backyard pretty quickly, I think maybe about 3 hours.
We were feeling pretty good and figured we could knock out the rest of what we had to do pretty quickly.
This skinny section along the side of her house was all that we had left to do.
Boy were we wrong.
The problem was that the neighbor's side was done already and Jen's side was higher so the sods weren't meeting up.
We ended up having to cut the edge and dig it up some in order for it all to look ok and it took a LONG time.
I think it was around when we finished up.
The mosquitos were bad so we were happy to be done.
We had showers and were feeling pretty great about all that we had accomplished.
Admiring our handy work.
We didn't quite finish up, we were about 7 sods short but we couldn't get anymore today so she'll have to finish it up herself next week.
Looks pretty darn good though.
We had to go pick up a few things in St. Albert so Jen, Mom and I headed out.
Jen needs to plant a tree so we went looking for one of those.
We found one but she couldn't fit it in her car with us in it too so she'll go back for it tomorrow.
We went to Jersey Mike's for supper.
We stopped at Walmart to get a few things then we headed back to Jen's to chill for the evening.
We watched more Downton Abbey - I was getting right into it even though I've already seen it.
A big storm whipped up out of nowhere.
It was windy and pouring and thunder and lighting and then the hail started.
I was so worried about my car getting damaged, there was a warning on Facebook yesterday saying that there was a chance that Edmonton and surrounding areas could get hail they size of Timbits and possibly even golf ball sized hail.
Luckily it was only about marble sized and the hail only lasted about 20 minutes.
The rest of the storm lasted on through the night.
I had a hard time falling asleep again tonight.
I think tomorrow night I might have to take something to make sure that I get a good night's sleep - I can't carry on like this.
All that work today helped me to reach my step goal.
That's all for today, until next time, be happy!






No comments:
Post a Comment