It's Canada Day!
We had a little mermaid running around the house this morning.
Most beautiful mermaid that I've ever seen.
Miss Freya.
Kody and Haylee took the girls to Summerside to have a visit and Jason and I decided to head to Summerside too just for something to do.
The first thing we did was look for a spot to get something to eat.
We found this one, Evermore Brewery in the old train station and we were parked nearby so we decided to check it out.
We opted to sit outside because it was a beautiful day.
We shared some mussels.
Jason had a burger and fries.
I had the clams.
Just as we were getting our food some familiar faces happened by so they came over and joined us.
Kody, Freya and Me.
Haylee, Eden and Jason.
Such a sweetheart.
They ordered some food too then afterwards she met up with her cousin and we took a walk into the section of town where all the Canada Day activities were going on.
It was nice to see so many people out and about.
Jason and I.
The lupins are all out in full bloom and ever since I got here I've been meaning to take a picture of them but I just kept putting it off and now after a couple of days of really hot weather, they are looking kind f sad.
I wish I'd thought to do it sooner now it's too late.
We noticed yesterday that the path we walked on yesterday continue on the other way so we decided to go on it and see how far it went.
It went down a street that I wasn't even aware existed.
There were benches here and there and we saw this cute bird house on a stump.
Boardwalk Inn.
We noticed people kite boarding out in the water.
I've never seen that here before.
Kite boarding
Then we started seeing many more birdhouses.
Some were fancy.
There were some grouped together.
Some were big.
It was a very nice path - would be perfect for biking on.
Another fancy one.
Some were colorful.
Looking back toward Summerside.
We came upon this building with a big round room.
It looks like it's under construction but it doesn't look new - it looks kind of run down.
There was a teeny picnic table with a little user.
Having a picnic.
There was a free concert going on in Summerside tonight, Matt Mays and Allan Doyle were performing, along with a few others and Kody and Haylee were going to do so we said that we would watch the kiddos.
We met them and picked the girl up.
We took the girl shopping and got them fake tongues.
Ha ha.
Fake tongues.
Jason got them some fake bugs too and she really liked them.
Eden got a bug!
We took the back to the house and chilled out for the evening, it was nice.
Mom, Jen, Ethan and I played cards.
These are some pictures that Haylee took today.
Freya showing her Canadian Pride.
The girls with their cousin.
Kody and Haylee at the concert.
There they are again.
I did get all of my steps in!
That's all for today, until next time, be happy!



































No comments:
Post a Comment