Sunday, 26 July 2026

First Sting (July 12, 2026)

I woke up early as usual but Freya woke up too around 7:30.
She asked when I was going to the living room and I said we can go now if you want - she wanted to so we did.
I made a coffee then we just snuggled on the couch together, she watched videos on the phone and I got caught up with some of my YouTuber's that I watch regularly (Rachel Maksy, Cecilia Blomdahl and The Stewarts).

It had rained like crazy through the night but it cleared up in the morning and it was looking like a pretty nice day.

Kody showed up just after lunch and ended up taking the girls to the park.
So I got back to work in the basement.
I got the shelves emptied and moved outside.
Then I decided to move my shoe racks downstairs - I ordered a new rack for the top of the stairs where the shoes were, I'm going to use it for extra pantry storage.

I ended up having to move our weight rack so I could put the shoes where that was and it was a lot of work to move all the weights.
I didn't get them put back on the shelf because we attach the shelf to the wall for safety and I need Jason to help me with that.

The girls had called and wanted to come back so Jason went and picked them up.

He took them to the park up the hill.
There was a wasp or hornets nest inside the wood structure and Eden kind of stumbled into it and ended up getting stung a few times.
She was so upset.
Jason called to say he was on his way with her so I got a cold compress ready and some First Aid spray.
That spray really did the trick.

Poor little thing - she was so upset.

The First Aid spray did the trick though and I think took the sting away.
She had 3 stings all together on her arm - I'm so glad Jason grabbed her and got her out of there before she got more.

While I sat with her, Jason went back up to the park and took care of the nest so no other kids get stung.

The aftermath.

We gave her a bottle to soothe her and she ended up falling asleep.
She didn't like bugs before, she's really not going to like them now.

It's back to work in the morning so we took the girls home around 8:30.

Then Jason and I watched this disturbing documentary on Netflix, Maternal Instinct.
How that woman could do what she did to another human being - horrifying.
I don't know how she thought she'd be able to get away with it?

No official walk today but again, all that housework added up.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment