I woke up quite early this morning and I was the first one up for quite a while.
It was an ok day out.
I just sat on the couch, enjoyed my coffee with a view of the lake.
The cottage is small but in a great location.
It was near 11 when everyone else finally got up and we went down to spend some time by the lake.
It wasn't really great weather for swimming but it was still nice out.
The girls picked out some rocks.
Throwing rocks in the lake.
Great lake activity.
I think walking back and forth on the dock and finding rocks made Eden feel like a big girl.
Sissy was helping her.
Dressed in her finest for rock throwing.
She never lets me put a ponytail in her hair but it looks so good when it's back
and out of her face.
We had this whole beach area to ourselves.
It was rocky but the water was nice and clear.
Freya was trying to find skipping rocks but there weren't many flat ones.
I love seeing them help each other.
Freya is a sweet big sister and Eden loves her so much.
When she's upset, it's Freya that she looks to for comfort.
Off to throw her rock in the lake.
Freya as well.
We noticed a mama duck swimming by with a couple of ducklings.
There they are.
Mama duck and her babies.
Quack, quack, quack.
Hey baby ducks!!!
Eden then found one of the oars from the kayaks.
I think she was off to throw that in the lake too so we had to stop her.
Kody, Haylee in the girls went in to the city to visit his dad and Jason and I just hung around and didn't do much.
Jason wasn't feeling very well at all so he just wanted to rest which was fine with me.
We did eventually go for a drive and we stopped in at a farmer's market in Mount Uniacke - I love a good Farmer's Market.
They had some cute decor.
Pretty flowers - I really miss having a garden - if only I had the weather to actually grow one in Swan Hills.
I used to really love this kind of thing.
HA HA HA - perfect pot for me.
This was cute - it it had been a little cheaper I would have gotten the girls each one for their bikes.
We went to Bedford to check out Pete's Frootique and they had a few good restaurants including this pizza place, On the Wedge.
They had some interesting flavors so we ordered a couple of slices.
This was the MoonPie
It was ok but I think I have realized that I prefer red sauces over anything else.
Then this one was the Pickle Rick.
Also ok - very pickly though and kind of on the salty side.
We looked around the stores in the mall.
I thought this picture would be super cute in the girls room - can't take it home on the plane though so skipped it.
I got a strawberry matcha drink at Second Cup - I didn't really dig it.
Definitely not as good as the matcha latte at Starbucks.
Freya only brought sneakers with her so we stopped at Winners and I was looking for Crocs for her.
I found several options so I sent a picture to see which ones she wanted, she choose the flowered ones.
We stopped in at Thai Express for some supper and also picked up a few groceries and a few treats for the girls before heading back to the cottage.
The kids were back so we gave the girls their treats.
Eden treated us to a candy eating tutorial.
She is such a cutie pie.
Getting ready for bed (kind of).
Jason and Freya were busy doing serious, important things.
Like making faces at each other and obscene gestures.
I did not get all of my steps in today.
Oh well.
That's all for today, until next time, be happy!





































No comments:
Post a Comment