Sunday, 26 July 2026

Back Home We Go (July 5, 2026)

 Our strange vacation has come to an end.

Our flight was leaving at 9:50 so we were up around 7 getting ready.

We left the hotel around 7:45, dropped the rental cars off and then headed to security.

We had to do a little bit of re-arrangement to get our suitcases to the right weights but we managed.

Jason and I had Timmie's Bagel BELT sandwiches for breakfast and just sat at the gate waiting to board.

We boarded on time but then right before we were about to take off, a passenger decided they were sick and needed to deboard so that took about an extra half hour for them to get off and for their luggage to be removed.

I got Kody to go in a couple days ago to book his seats and luckily he was able to get him and Haylee in the same row as Jason and I and the girls so we all sat in row 20 which was nice.

Freya and Jason.
We started out with Freya on the aisle seat and me in the middle then she wanted to move into the middle so she and Jason could color together.

Love that big smile Eden!

Finally got Kody to look.

Jason, Freya and I.

Freya was making videos on the plane, ha ha.

She also drew this really cool picture on the tablet.

We landed around 12:30, went over to get our vehicles, stopped for a coffee then went to the Cheesecake Cafe in Spruce Grove to get something to eat.

We had the girls with us and Kody and Haylee met us there.
I wanted to have their Ginger Beef dish.

Freya loves cheesecake, that's what she had for dessert and Eden had ice cream.

Cuties.

Selfie with Grandma.

I really wanted a slice of cheesecake but was too full to eat it at the restaurant so ordered a slice to go.
Jason did too.
We got a slice of Orange Creamsicle and one of Carrot Cake Cheesecake.
The Carrot Cake ended up being my and Jason's favorite - it was delicious.

Freya wanted to drive back to Swan Hills with us and Eden kept waffling back and forth but eventually hopped in with us too.

I had wanted to stop for groceries but was just too tired so we headed straight home.

The girls came over and immediately Freya wanted us to get in touch with Theia who came over to see her right away.
They hugged and hugged and were so happy to see each other.

She also messaged Hunter and before long he was over too.
He's grown much taller since I last saw him.

Haylee was over visiting Crystal and messaged to say that Zepplyn wanted to come over so she dropped by as well.
I took all of them to the store for a treat then Theia, Zepplyn and Hunter all left around 9 and Kody came to pick up the girls not much later.

I was feeling totally exhausted so didn't really do much all evening except sit there.

I did not get my steps in today.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment