Sunday, 26 July 2026

Family Get Together (July 3, 2026)

 Jason and I went to Summerside this morning to do a few things then I dropped him off at the bottom of Lisa and Todd's road and he walked the 8k back up to their place.

These are just some things he saw along the way.

Beautiful sky.


Cow

Back at Lisa and Todd's, we were getting ready for company.
Lisa had invited the whole Gavin clan over today to visit and hang out.
We had no idea who all would be coming but we got ready anyway.

My cousin Dawn came from NB with her granddaughter Poppy and a girl she's been fostering - very nice girl.

Pam's newest granddaughter who just arrived this April 26th.

Hazel.

She's not a big smiler so I felt lucky to have captured this shot.

With her mom - Cayla.

My Uncle Jimmy and cousin Jimmy.

Kody, Jen and Pam.

Pam brought her splash pad and set it up for the kids.

They were having a great time on it.
Willow never left it the whole time - she's a water baby for sure.

Haylee and Freya.

Quinn came with Dawn and Betty - her and Freya get along really well - they were happy to see each other.

Eden was in her glory with all these girls to hang out with.

Enjoying some watermelon.

It was a gorgeous, hot day - perfect summer day.

Quinn.

My Aunt Betty.

Danielle and Jacob arrived with their boys and they joined in on the splash pad fun.

Pam also brought a bouncy house for the kids to play in.

Freya got to hold Briar and she was here for it!

Chavonne and Annabelle.

Linda, Rhonda, Wade.

Krista, Coleen and Arlene.

Joan, Amanda, Mom, Santana and Kenley.

It was nice that so many family members showed up.

Now that we don't have my Grandmother's to go to - there isn't really a place for us all to go to together.


Jen and Brenda chatting with Joanie and Amanda.

The boys table.

My Uncle Jimmy who has always been like my second dad.

Lisa and Todd's home is so perfect for a family get together - there is plenty of room for everyone.

Danielle and Jacob.

Jimmy, Hazel and Pam.

Kody and Freya.

Willow - she is such a sweet girl.
They finally managed to get her out of the water to have some supper.

Leah and Freya.

Mia and Eden.
I loved seeing all the little girls playing together and getting along - it was so nice.

Dawn, Poppy and I forget the girls name she had with her.
She was a sweet girl.

Lisa set up some games for everyone to play.

The spectators.

Kody and Jimmy go head to head.

And the winner is....

Kenley wanted to have a go against her Auntie Rhonda.
There were a few other matches - like I know Freya ended up playing against Kody, but I was outside watching Eden so I missed a few of the matches.

Hanging out like this will all of my family is one of my very favorite things to do.
It was nice that so many of them showed up today - we weren't sure how many we'd have but so many came.
My cousin Abby even came over - she was visiting her friend who just happened to live next door so that was nice.
It's been a long time since I saw her.
Florence came too but I didn't happen to get a picture of her.

Willow - the kids had blue suckers, can you tell.

Being silly.

She is such a sweetheart -

She came out in the living room and asked if I'd come talk to her in private.
 I'd lent her some clothes of Freya's after she got out of the pool and she got some dirt on the shirt so she was really afraid that I would get mad at her about it so she wanted to 'confess' to me in private.
Poor little dear was crying and so nervous, of course I assured her that it was no big deal at all and I hope that made her feel better.

The sun was setting and it looked beautiful as always.

The girls were taking it in on the deck.

As were some of the adults.
Mia and Eden.

The girls were all down in the basement playing and having a great time together.

Making silly faces.

I had to go down one time because Willow was crying.
When I went down, she said that the girls were turning the lights off and Eden was pretending to be a ghost and it was scaring her.

I asked them to stop turning the lights off and stop scaring Willow and Eden was behind me waving her hands around and going 'oooh' like a ghost (little turkey). 

Then a bit later on when I went back down, they were at it again but when I spoke to Eden, Willow said it was ok, she was a little scared but trying really hard not to be and they were just having fun.

And overall, they did get along really great, it was so nice to see.

Cousins are great.
I'd so glad they got to spend time together and got along so well.
Hopefully these will be fond memories from their childhood.

While the girls played downstairs, we visited upstairs.
Mostly everyone had gone home except Pam and her crew and Amanda.

I feel blessed to have the family that I do and I always am grateful for the time I get to spend with them.

Not quite to the 10,000 mark.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment