Sunday 30 June 2024

Happy Retirement Colleen (June 28, 2024)

One of the ladies in St Albert is retiring and today is her last day.

They were having a dinner for her and I wanted to be there so I drove in there this morning.
Bonnie and Shennelle had other plans today so I went in by myself.

Colleen had the perfect socks on for today.

They had a banner for her.

And a cake.

And presents.

And more presents.

They gave her a really nice cooler and it had goodies inside of it.
We also all gave money and they just gave her the cash.
She likes to travel so it will come in handy.

The lady that was going to be taking over for Colleen ended up having a stroke a couple of weeks ago.
She did get out of the hospital last week and was able to make it today so that was nice.

There was quite a few folks from the office that were able to make it today so that was nice.
There was lasagna for lunch which I skipped but they also had salad and fresh fruit so that's what I had for lunch.

I brought my running clothes with me so I changed into them before I left the office then I parked by the mall and hopped on the trails and went for a run.

I ran 4k then walked another 1k or so.
I felt good about that.

The exercise details.

My average pace and splits.

I was wearing my Alphaflys and they were pinching a bit on my right foot - I have to remember to wear thicker socks with them or maybe a Band-Aid.

I started another audiobook the other day, it's the third book in this series that I've been listening too.

You don't have to read them in order - they are all completely different stories but they do make references to characters in the other books.

I finished listening to it on the drive home. 

After I got home, Kody texted to say that Freya wanted to come over.
Jason and I were just heading out for a walk so we just walked down and picked her up.
She always likes to climb on these rocks when we walk by, today was no exception.

She did Papa's makeup when we got home.

Looks fantastic.

She stayed and spent the night with us which was nice.
It's been a few weeks since we had her over.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment