Wednesday 26 June 2024

Mom's Off East for the Summer (June 20, 2024)

Freya made me promise that I'd leave work and take her to school this morning so I said I would.

I picked both her and Jason up for the drop off.

Our last time dropping her off this year.
Tomorrow is her last day of school but Mom and Dad will be taking her tomorrow.

After work, we got both Mom and Jason's things packed into the car and headed out.
Jason had a car rental booked in Whitecourt so I was going to drop him off there then keep heading in to the city.
Mom's flight leaves at 10:15 tonight so we have a bit of time.

When we got to the car rental spot, Jason discovered that the rental did not include unlimited mileage and it was going to cost at least 1000.00 to rent the car for the weekend so I told him to just take the car.

My brother Rob just happened to be in Whitecourt so I called to see if he'd drive Mom and I in to the airport.
He said he would.
Morgan and Kalem were also in Whitecourt shopping and they didn't make it over last night for supper so we met them at Walmart so they could say good bye to mom.
Rob ended up getting a drive home with them so Mom and I headed off to the city on our own.

We stopped at Famousa to get some supper before going to the airport.
Mom had the pepperoni and mushroom.

I had my favorite, the Cavoletti- it has brussels sprouts, dates, walnuts, gorgonzola and honey drizzle.
So good.

Then we were off to the airport.
We got mom's bags dropped off then I'd requested wheelchair service for her - I always do and it's always great but Westjet doesn't do it themselves anymore, there is a separate company that does it now.

We waited almost an hour for them to show up and get mom.
I was furious they'd made her wait that long.
I don't know why they changed the way they do it when it was working perfectly fine before.

Anyway - once they took mom through security, I headed out.
I stopped to get a coffee for the drive home and while I was there I got an email saying mom's flight was delayed for an hour and that that may change.

I was kind of uncertain as to what I should do because I was concerned that her flight might get cancelled all together or something.

I called her to see how things were going and told her to give me a call if her flight got cancelled then I just headed for home.
I had considered getting a room in the city for the night but I do have to work in the morning so I took my chances and figured if she did call me then I'd just turn around and go back to the city and get a room at that point.

They didn't have any further delays and she called me once she'd boarded to let me know they were on their way.

It was just after 1 am when I got home - I'd forgotten to lock the door before I left so I asked my brother if he'd come over when I got home so I could check the house all out with him there.

I picked him up when I got to town and he waited until I checked everything out and then I locked the door after him and I felt safe enough.

I am not really crazy about being home all by myself.

Some picture from the Triathlon here in town were posted on the pools Facebook site today so I grabbed all the ones of Freya.

This is her right after her swim, heading out for the biking portion.

Parents were supposed to give the kids very minimal assistance so Haylee's just running along side of her, encouraging her.

There they go.

Haylee couldn't keep up with Freya biking so when she got back, I was showing her where to put her bike so she could then head out for the running portion.

Running to put her bike away.

Getting her third place award.
So proud of her.

Getting up on the podium.

There they are, the three top girls in their age category.
I really hope she develops a love for running, or at least for being active.
I think she will but I guess we'll see


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment