Monday 24 June 2024

Freya's First Ball Tournament EVER (June 1, 2024)

I was off today but Jason had to work - but only a few more days for him then he'll be on his 7 days off.

He had to check something out by the lake and sent me this picture suggesting we go kayaking on his days off and I think that sounds like a great idea.

We were up and ready to go at 8:45 - Kody, Haylee and Eden came and picked us up and we made it to the Fort just before 9:30 - so just in time for Freya's first game.
 
They got their jersey's on, found out their line up for the day then it was time to play ball.

There isn't a whole lot of action going on in the outfield.

Coming back in for their turns at bat.

Sneaking a quick kiss.

Freya's biggest or should I say smallest fan?

Soaking up some sun.

She's such a little chunker - I just love it.

She tried batting lefty today.

So next time at bat, I went over to the other side of the home plate so I could see her.

Deep in thought.

She's such a happy girl.

Look at her run!

Freya's cheering squad - it was a nice day for a ball tournament.

She means business.

She was making so many faces.

We had a couple hours to spare between her first game and her second game so we went to a little cafe in Fort Assiniboine to have some lunch.

Kody, Haylee and Eden.

Eden sat in her chair most of the time we were in the restaurant and she didn't make a peep the whole time, we almost forgot she was there.

I ordered the tzatiki chicken thinking it was a healthy option but it was really oily so I don't think it was the best option after all.
It was really good.
It took forever for them to make our food so we had to scramble to the next game and we were actually a few minutes late.

I love her little giggles and coos.

Freya's cheering squad is back and ready to roll.

The rest of the cheering squad.

Playing third base.

I think she might have been getting bored.

Their team has improved since I saw them last time, they aren't pros or anything but it's nice to see some improvement.

Up to bat again.

She made it to first.

Little slugger.

She know what to do when they hit the ball.

Running to second.

Waiting for the batter at third.

Last up at bat.

Pow - out of the park it goes.

Ready for the game to be done.

She was ready to go before the first game even ended, kept asking how much longer.
She stuck it out though so good for her.
Maybe next year she'll be more into it.

Team Hip Hip Hooray.

Getting ready to line up and shake hands with the other team.
They don't keep score for these games, the just do 3 innings, each player gets one up at bat each inning and they can only take 1 base at a time.

It's more about just learning how to play the game at this age.

Freya wanted to drive home with Crystal and Zepplyn so she did and I went with back with Kody and Haylee.

Little Miss Eden crashed on the drive home.

OH my heart, she is such a little dolly.

These two were snuggling by the window when I got home.

For some reason, while I was sitting watching the second ball game this morning, my left knee just randomly started hurting and it was hurting all day long.

It was hurting so much that I took some pain meds when I got home and I actually laid down to have a nap which I rarely do.

It was still hurting when Jason got home from work so I took more meds and went to be early.
I was planning on starting back running tomorrow so I hope whatever this is goes away as quickly as it came.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment