Monday 24 June 2024

Weigh In Day - Renewed Determination (June 3, 2024)

It's Monday - that means weigh in day.

 I was 219.6 lbs which is not great in that I can't believe I let myself get back here but compared to where I was just a few days ago when we got back from vacation it was a great few days.

I was 6.6 lbs down - and that's just in a few days.
Just goes to show what I can accomplish when I really apply myself.

I wanted to start back to running today so I wore my work out clothes to work so when I got home I was able to hop right on the treadmill.

It's been a bit since I ran so my plan was just to take it slow and maybe do a run/walk for 30 minutes, first I thought I'd run 2 min walk 1 min, then at 2 min in I felt good so I kept going to 5 min then 10 min then 15 min and so on until what do you know, I was able to run the whole 30 minutes without having to stop.

It felt great and I was so proud of myself for getting back at it.

I think my plan for the next month or so is to run 30 minutes two days in a row then have a rest day and then repeat.
I also plan on that rest day to find an easy workout on Youtube for myself to do.
The strength training is something I always want to do but never quite get around to and it doesn't have to be anything crazy hard, just 15 - 30 minutes every couple days.

Work was busy - It took me the whole day to just go through emails and I still didn't get caught up from my trip.
Made the day go by fast though.

I started a new book on audible today - 
The House Across the Lake.
I read another book by this author that I enjoyed so I figured I'd give it a try and so far, I'm liking it.

I spent the evening working on my blog and was having so many issues again so I didn't get very far and it ate up my whole evening which was kind of a bummer.
Guess Elon Musk is going to start getting some of my money right away here.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment