Thursday 31 August 2017

Workout Buddy

It was really tough to get up this morning.
I was expecting it as we had stayed up quite late watching Got.
Also, it is kind of dark in the mornings now which doesn't help.

I took this on my first walk of the morning.
It looks much darker in this picture than it actually was.

This is the second walk of the day.
It it somewhat lighter out.
It was much warmer out than it looked.

For lunch I had left overs.
I really like left overs.
It makes it so much easier when everything is ready to go and all I have to do is put it on a plate, warm it up and eat!

I was procrastinating a little after work but I finally did get down to get a work out in.
My little work out buddy always comes down and sits and watches me.
Sometimes he even gets right on the treadmill with (not on the belt, on the display part).

See, there he is in the back ground just hanging out.

The work out was extra hard today for some reason.
I was super hot & uncomfortable and I really wanted to stop.
My socks felt too thick and so did my pants.
I wore some fleece joggers instead of work out pants and I won't do that again.
I randomly walked and jogged, got up to 3.5 for the speed a few times, even did a minute at 4.0.
I know that is slow for seasoned runners but I am ok with starting out slow and working my way up.
I need to get my endurance back and then I will work on the speed.

I pushed through the discomfort and got in a decent work out in the end.
It is always a good feeling when a work out is completed - especially the times that I didn't really want to do one.

My Honey was home for work when I got back upstairs.
We watched another episode of Game of Thrones (I know, we are hooked) and then we headed to bed.
If I stay up late too many nights it catches up with me and I want to enjoy my last long weekend of the summer.
I got my 12 hours of 250+ steps in today and I did over 10,000 steps total for the day - yay me!
Looks like I need to start working on getting those stairs in now as it is the only goal I am not reaching daily.

I don't want to put too much on my plate yet though and get discouraged so I will keep it in mind but if I don't achieve it every day I am not going to be upset about it.

That's a wrap for today.
Until next time, be happy!





No comments:

Post a Comment